The social institution of the Kingdom Hall.

by The Rebel 16 Replies latest jw friends

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    I went to the movies with my husband, we saw a foreign movie called Phoenix, it was quite good. Now we are barbecuing a tri tip, which is the triangular end of the sirloin. We are having mocktails, non alcoholic drinks which tastes kind of like a cocktail. We have been saving alcohol for Saturday and Sunday night, we want to be a bit healthier. The mocktail today is sparkling lime water, a splash of tonic water and a few drops of orange bitters.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

If a JW congregation is a "social club", it leaves a lot to be desired.

Personally, I like marathoning TV shows and movies with my kids on Sundays.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

So turning my O.P around what did I miss?

No public talk.

No W.T study.

No 1 hour service.

No magazine placements.

No food at the proper time.

No false handshakes with my brothers.

No wasted petrol.money.

No contributing my money to the W.T

No being told my tie was too flashes.

I am FREE, even if J.Ws would say I am DOOMED. At least I am FREEDOOM (ed)

THE REBEL.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Glad you're enjoying life without meetings The Rebel. Also thanks for this thread I love knowing what everyone does in their spare time it's so interesting. It was August bank holiday here in the UK yesterday and it rained most of the day.

I went to an amateur painting exhibition of over a thousand paintings at a local village hall. Some of them were very good but I didn't buy anything. Then I had tea and cake at a stately home and went home out of the rain. Years ago I would have been getting my hours in, not anymore!

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Well it's that time of the week once again. I am eating chicken wings and drinking a beer whilst listening to the rain fall outside. The more zelose brothers and sisters will just be finishing the door to door and on the way to the public talk......

The Rebel.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Chicken and a beer sounds good. Gardening here, it's sunny! Going to have a large glass of Italian red in my garden this evening, if the weather holds.
  • possum
    possum

I knew I was reclaiming my life when I realized I couldn't remember wasn't guilty and didn't care anymore what time I was supposed to be at the meeting/field service...................So true The Rebel

No public talk.

No W.T study.

No 1 hour service.

No magazine placements.

No food at the proper time.

No false handshakes with my brothers.

No wasted petrol.money.

No contributing my money to the W.T

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit