What song sums up your JW experience?

by sleepy 78 Replies latest jw friends

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

This is my leaving JW's experience song...... by Rascal Flatts...... I'm Moving On.

I've dealt with my ghosts And I've Faced all my demons Finally content with a past I regret I've found you find strength in your Moments of weakness For once I'm at peace with myself I've been burdened with blame Trapped in the past for too long I'm movin' on I've lived in this place And I know all the faces Each one is different But they're always the same They mean me no harm but it's time that I face it They'll never allow me to change But I never dreamed home would end up Where I don't belong I'm movin' on I'm movin' on At last I can see Life has been patiently waiting for me And I know there's no guarantees But, I'm not alone There comes a time in everyone's life When all you can see are the years passing by (are the years passing by) And I have made up my mind that those days are gone I sold what I could And packed what I couldn't Stopped to fill up on my way out of town I've loved like I should But lived like I shouldn't I had to lose everything to find out Maybe forgiveness will find me Somewhere down this road I'm movin' on I'm movin' on I'm movin' on

Edited by - LyinEyes on 17 January 2003 16:27:12

Edited by - LyinEyes on 17 January 2003 16:30:50

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I take lyric liberties with a song from my Saturday morning childhood:

Dysfunction Junction, What's your function?

Screwing up lives and protecting pedophiles...

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Santa Monica by Everclear: "We can live beside the ocean. Leave the fire behind. Swim out past the breakers. Watch the world die"

Also, I was always struck by the cartoonish nature of JW science, logic, and thought. So, perhaps something from the teletubbies would be appropriate.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

duran duran - is there something i should know? new religion

colonel abraham - trapped

seal - crazy

erasure - the circus : -

"dont upset the teacher, 'though you know he lied to you. dont upset the preacher, he's gonna close his eyes for you"

guns n roses - dead horse, yesterdays

depeche mode - question of time

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Another one bites the dust...........Not sure what group sang this.

• ring
    ring

Creed....What if

Creed....My Own Prison

• out4good3
    out4good3
    Another one bites the dust...........Not sure what group sang this.

That would be Queen

• AnotherEscapee
    AnotherEscapee

I Cannot Believe Its True - Phil Collins

Here's the chorus: Oh, d'you hear me? I cannot believe it's true Are you really doing the things you do No I cannot believe it's you, really you

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

"Oops I did it Again" would about sum up the stupidity of me joining a controlling cult after being in a controlling marriage....forget the rest of the lyrics LOL!

http://www.leoslyrics.com/

• Warrigal
    Warrigal

In the background I can hear the sultry voice of Peggy Lee singing "Is that all there is?" I think I'll keep dancin'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit