HOW MANY JW KIDS LIKE SATURDAYS

by calamityjane 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Think about it.

We were the only kids that hated Weekends, all the other kids got to stay at home and watch cartoons, we had to pound the pavement and get up early Sunday for the boring meetings.

Any thoughts.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I hated weekends. Saturday service, saturday afternoon "family studies" (an excuse for pandemonium), Sunday service and meeting.

There was no weekend....I couldn't wait to get back to school on Monday. Wasted youth.

ash

• PurpleV
    PurpleV

Oh man, weekends sucked. Field service on Saturday morning, study WT with mom Sat. afternoon. Sunday completely ruined because meeting was at 2:00 which shot the morning (dreading it) and didn't get home until almost 5 p.m. when it was time for bed and Monday.

Tuesday night - book study at some old lady's house and it SMELLED ewww

Friday night - two hours of mind-numbing brainwashing and the dreaded nights when you had a TALK ewwwwwwwwww

Let me not get started on assemblies....

I guess the only days of the week I liked as a child were Monday, Wednesday and Thursday! But wait, no those days sucked too because I was such a pariah in school. I couldn't wait to turn 18 so I didn't have to go anymore.

PS Loved your Rock story.... hee hee

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I sure do love Saturdays now, though! It's a thrill every Saturday morning to (1) sleep as late as the dogs will let me, (2) go get donuts, (3) don't have to dress up and BE anywhere, except the donut shop when the hot glazed are ready, and (4) watch cartoons with the kids and read the paper. I think that's my favorite time of the week.

Nina

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Damn it cruzanheart, I'm trying to lower my cholesterol and here you are talking about getting fresh hot donuts on a Saturday morning... you're evil I say! Evil!

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Didn't any of you people go out in service on Sunday, too? My weekends were Saturday morning service, help with the housecleaning on Saturday afternoon, study for Sunday on Saturday evening, Sunday morning meetings, Sunday afternoon service--or, when the congregation split, Sunday morning service and Sunday afternoon meetings.

The worst, though, was holidays....every Thanksgiving and Christmas I would be out there bothering people.

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

yeh cruzanheart. you're making my mouth water. I'm on the stupid cabbage soup diet this week. Today is day 5, two more days to go. I ate and drank too much during the Christmas season.

OMG our childhood did suck. thanks for the reminder redhorsewoman.

Edited by - calamityjane on 17 January 2003 12:9:55

• longtimeout
    longtimeout

My weekends were predictably horrific. Regardless of the weather, or temperature, there was Sat. & Sun. field service. No coffee breraks, no interruptions; just get dropped off at a corner, and bang on doors for 3 solid hours. I came to love Friday, as it was the only day of the week where there was nothing scheduled. Imagine, a 10 yr. old kid with only one day a week to have fun. To this day I still love Friday's. I wonder why?

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

Yeah,weekends pretty much sucked.I always tried to sleepover a friends house,or have a friend sleep over mine.Then,you would atleast have a friend to suffer with you.We were usually alowed to go to the movies or the mall on Saturday night,so we did have fun once in a while.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

I was a dedicated conscientious publisher.

I wanted to go door to door in a territory where my school mates were, so they could see me and then admire me at school on Monday.

I liked it when my toes turned black in the Winter.

I loved it when I met someone at the door, who would swear at me, and slam the door in my face.

I prayed fervently on Friday night.................... for rain

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit