WT Denies Anointed Have Special Divine Insight

by Smiles 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Smiles
    Smiles

DazedAndConfused,

The source of that WT quote was listed. It is in bold font at the top of this page within the first post.

If anyone else is also dazed and confused as to the source of the WT quote, here it is again:

Watchtower 1991 March 15, page 22.

• Smiles
    Smiles

Interestingly, the WT still maintains this viewpoint, denying that the "anointed" have any special divine insight.....

The exact same statement that appeared in the March 1991 WT has appeared yet again word for word in the:

Feb.15, 2003 Watchtower, page 20,paragraph 16.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I think that the timing of this article is significant, March 15th, to be read just before the Memorial .

The report for 1990 shows 8869 partakers of the emblems. The report for 1989 shows 8734 partakers.

The numbers are supposed to decrease, oops!

The article is "Who Really Have a Heavenly Calling?" the whole point of is to cause any "Newbie" partakers to reconsider and second guess their reasoning. Several questions to ask oneself are given:-

"Before becoming a Christian ,was I involved in drug abuse? Am I using medications that affect the emotions? Have I received teatment for mental and emotional problems?....................................................Do I desire prominence?Am I ambitious?

You can see a general Put Off for anyone thinks they may have the upward call . Also as it says "God has a channel". They are the channel the , G Body at Brooklyn . Do not get above yourself.

• LDH
    LDH

I should be shocked, but I'm not.

I guess the only thing that sets the annointed apart is that they are the ones that WANT to go to heaven. That's why they spend so much time discouraging people from the heavenly calling.

Can you imagine if all 6 million dubs took the emblems?

Thanks, Smiles.

Lisa

• garybuss
    garybuss

So the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation has it both ways.

Since there have been hundreds if not thousands of faithful and discreet class needed replacements:

1. As a class, the faithful and discreet are faithful and discreet.
    2. As individuals, the faithful and discreet class are, by doctrine, neither faithful or discreet.

And:

1. As a class the faithful and discreet class is, by doctrine, Divinely directed.
    2. As individuals the faithful and discreet class, by doctrine, is not Divinely directed.

And:

1. The Society represented by the Governing Body is Divinely directed.
    2. The Governing Body are just individual members of the faithful and discreet class, by doctrine, and are not Divinely directed.

It all makes sense to me.

The Way I See it http://www.freeminds.org/buss/buss.htm

• joenobody
    joenobody

Hahaha! "Were you a drug addict? Then there's no freakin' way you could be of the anointed"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit