Women going topless in NYC.

by Fisherman 30 Replies latest social humour

• stillin
    stillin

You can always tell which men are the American men at the topless beaches.

Does anybody remember the scene in The Fifth Element where Ms Jovovich materialized in the middle of a busy intersection?

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

It's true. It is legal for women to be topless in some areas of NYC. I've seen a few myself - no big deal.

I don't see what the fuss is all about concerning bare breasts. Doesn't this planet have far more serious issues to contemplate than a pair of bouncing boobs?

• DJS
    DJS

SSC,

"Doesn't this planet have far more serious issues to contemplate than a pair of bouncing boobs?"

So we're back to talking about the Governing Body again, huh?

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    DJS: touché.
  • Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD
    Seeing a women topless is sure much better than some old fat men on their riding mowers without a shirt on. Talk about hairy bouncing flesh. LOL Still Totally ADD
  • blondie
  • Rattigan350
    Rattigan350
    The supreme court says women have that right, if men have that right, based on their ruling in the gay marriage decision. Equal rights.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Americans are prudes. I recall a trip to DisneyWorld where there was a British couple at the resort pool and their young son asked his dad: "Why is Mum wearing a top?" It was fun hearing the dad trying to tactfully explain about these prudish, ridiculous American customs.

If word got out that an American JW sister was topless or nude at the beach, it would probably get the couple called into the "spanking room". It would not surprise me if they lost "positions" or "privileges" because of the notoriety (if it was public knowledge) but I think rarely reproof (of DF), as long as it occurred in places where that was the local custom. Much of this reasoning might be because most JWs in the US couldn't afford that vacation to where it is the local custom (Europe or Caribbean), thus they would likely be dealing with some of the more affluent members of their Cong. We know the affluent folks get a wider berth in all they do.

Women running topless down the middle of Main Street? Not only are you in trouble as a JW, but most of American "proper" society is going to frown on that.

Doc

• barry
    barry

Bondi beach was featured on JAG used to have a lot of topless women because Aussie women liked to get a tan without bra straps. Anyone could get a look there but those women in new york are doing it for money how discusting.

• flipper
    flipper
    I have no problem with women going around topless on the entire planet. Freedom of mind is a great thing ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit