ISIS Destruction of Ancient Palmyra Temple

by freemindfade 20 Replies latest social current

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Anyone who has read what happened here, both to the ancient site and also the grizzly murder of antiquity scholar Khalid Asaad, consider this. What religious/theocracy on earth now most resembles the stories of "god's chosen people" of the old testament? Probably ISIS does. Grizzly public executions of apostates and heretics, sex slavery, genocide, conquest, destruction of other cultures religious/cultural centers.

Jehovah's Witnesses take note, this disease to humanity known as islam and most notably the group ISIS, are doing a better job of being OT God's chosen people than you. Read your bible and think about it. If you cringe when you hear news reports of their brutality and savagery, your meetings and bed time stories to your kids are no different. Wake up. Just because most other modern religions are living a watered down version of the bible, these barbarians are not.

If you're willing to kill for your religion do the rest of us a favor and start with yourself.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Couldn't have said it better myself.

• Half banana
    Half banana
    There is no form of organisation that is as heartless and more harmful to humanity than a theocracy.
  • Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

This boils my blood.

When people destroy priceless history because of their religious beliefs, I do not know whether I should laugh or cry. In the "new system" the Pyramids, St. Peters and St. Paul's would be blown to smithereens as pagan symbols. Religious artwork would be destroyed en masse because it represents Babylon the Great.

I'm sure fundamentalist Muslims in Syria are throwing a party. Yes Syria, blow up your heritage and stay in the fuckin stupid ages. That's why the West does not return all the stolen treasures to their lands of origin. Until you can be trusted with your own heritage, they'll stay in the 'infidels' keep. Do you hear that Dr. Zahi Hawass?

Satellite image of Palmyra showing destruction of the Temple of Bel

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Saintbertholdt
    yep. My point exactly. I think about the scripture where they are are "tearing down high places" oooooooo. High places, don't piss off the desert good with some stacked rocks! He'll get jealous.
    That's essentially what these idiots did to this piece of ancient civilization.
  • Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

Freemindfade,

What a tragedy!

Temple of Bel, Palmyra 02.jpg

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Its very sad. Especially if you have ever had the chance to walk amongst ancient ruins with reverence.

It just shows the shallow stupidity of these animals

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I really don't understand what's their thinking behind doing this.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

According to ISIS adherents, it is necessary to bring about the end of days.

And they intend to do their part.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Crazyguy

Its a temple of Baal. That's not Allah. In fact the Bible is full of disdain for Baal. Not sure about the Koran, but like I said, its not Allah. My understanding is all three religions have used this as their temple as different points in history. Guess they were too lenient.

James

it is necessary to bring about the end of days.

Just like the preaching work of JW's lol. I guess with so many trying to bring the end eventually someone will get it right!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit