Did you have a Superiority Complex?

by JH 12 Replies latest jw friends

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

The lead question and the debate that has followed is based on the impossible.

It is totally impossible to truly love a god who will kill you if you don't. Thus, under such a scenario, we are all bird feed.

As long as we view god as a personage out there who is judging us...it's a no win.

JamesT

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I'm a Christian, but I leave the saving to Jesus. After all, he is the Savior. I don't think any human or organization can do his job. If they could it would make Jesus unnecessary. And I don't consider myself any better than anyone else--nor less as far as that goes. Jesus came to save sinners--and that's me.

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

Well, since I was constantly getting myself in trouble and counseled for things as diverse as owning a two door sports car (oh my), coloring my hair, wearing black clothing (only witches wear black I was told. I countered with "So the majority of New Yorkers are witches?" Uh, didn't go over so well:) ), and "not being a submissive enough wife" because I wouldn't silently tolerate my husband slapping me around anymore, I never really thought I measured up by witness standards. Besides, my Bible reading without a "Bible aid" nearby led me to realize that only Jesus could do the judging of "worldly people" according the the Bible.

I felt very responsible for people though.

Now that I'm DA'd, some treat me very badly (and my daughter, who was never baptised, didn't live an immoral life, but left quietly and married a -gasp-"worldly" man (I have always despised that term). Some smile when they see me, and seem confused. Some walk right up and say Hi.It just depends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit