Did you have a Superiority Complex?

by JH 12 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

When you were an active witness, you were led to believe that you were saved, and the rest of the world was doomed to die at Armageddon, did this make you feel superior to non witnesses? From that point, did you develop a superiority complex over them?

Now that you are out, do the witnesses give you the look as if you are only bird feed?

Edited by - JH on 16 January 2003 19:57:43

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

absolutely. one time at school i told this girl (her granny died), "too bad she wasn't saved from everlasting destruction (or whatever the witnesses called the opposite of everlasting life)." she damn near punched me in the face.

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

Kind of like a lot of the born again christians I know- I know jessu and you dont! Same old mentality.

• josephus
    josephus

hello

i certainly felt better than "other" cristians. As we would drive home from the Sunday meeting we would smile at the "once a weekers" (as we called the other churchgoers) leaving church.

I can only feel a sense of personal shame about my attitudes back then to those people. To be honest i never felt superior to anyone other than those people, i just fely sad for them that they were gonna die "real soon".

Of course a true Cristian would only feel love for anyone calling himself a brother till he knew the person wasnt one, but that never stops jw.

josephus

• mouthy
    mouthy

Hey I am lost here -I never believed I was saved as a JW! We were taught that MAYBE our names would be written in the lambs book of life-If any of you thought you had made it-You were not "taking in enough knowledge" Because we were told we had to act as if this was our last half an hour- so if you were at the beach on Saturday- & Armeggedon came- BoY !!!!You were gonna be zapped bud!!!!

Do Christians feel they are supurior????Absolutly not if they are Christians. Because they realize they are sinners - if they dont -they are liars-so they are Satans........I consider my self a Christian...-Do I think I am better than anyone else?????? Oh forbid!!!I am such a misfit!!! I only know now- that since I asked MY mediator = Jesus .To be MY LORD & Savior--- Even though I constantly screw up !!! no one can snatch me out of his hands..... ( I just wish you folks would stop pelting me

that was to be done in the time of Jesus. Now your supposed to LOVE me.......)

• Brummie
    Brummie
    consider my self a Christian...-Do I think I am better than anyone else?????? Oh forbid!!!I am such a misfit!!! I only know now- that since I asked MY mediator = Jesus .To be MY LORD & Savior--- Even though I constantly screw up !!! no one can snatch me out of his hands.....

Well said Mouthy, that just about sums up what I have heard off everyone who professes to be a Christian. and in meeting many of them I have rarely (if ever) met one that claims to be better than anyone else.

The Apostle Paul said "I am the worst of all sinners"...Christianity calls for balance and humility when addressing the salvation issue. Its not like JWs who have to earn salvation and therefore are in a race to be superior or "better" deserving than anyone else.

Christ came to save sinners not those who feel they are superioir.

As for the JW thing, NOT even the anointed can profess to be saved until death. The Great crowd will not be saved until after the 1000 years....then EVEN AFTER the 1000 years their salvation still depends on their works, they could still be destroyed.

Brummie

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Mouthy, you said a mouth full, amen!

Guest 77

• JH
    JH

Mouthy,

I like your answer. Once an elder told me that, "if someone in the field service asks if you are saved, say yes". In other words, show that being a JW in good standing, makes you saved.

It was rather arrogant, but I guess we had to show them that we were in the right religion.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I never felt superior, and really just didn't want to think about witness stuff at all.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

When I was jw:

I felt like I was birdfeed. . .never quite "good enough" to merit everlasting life. . .

Now I'm disfellowshipped:

They still look at me as if I'm bird feed. . . not quite "good enough" to merit everlasting life . . .

As if they are my judges. . .

ESTEE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit