Deuteronomy and her missing hand.

by Valis 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Valis
    Valis

11. In case men struggle together with one another and the wife of the one has come near to deliver her husband out of the hand of the one striking him, and she has thrust out her hand and grabbed hold of him by his privates, 12. you must then amputate her hand. Your eye must feel no sorrow.

Deuteronomy 25:11-12

Well! So you do him a favor and keep him from getting his ass kicked by grabbing the other guy by the naughty bits and all you get as thanks is a missing hand? Sheesh.. Well ladies just remember, the next time your old man is getting clobbered DO NOT intercede lest ye be forever called Mrs. Stumpy. *LOL* Really, one wonders how a Hebrew man who really loved his wife could ever do such a thing?... its beyond me.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Edited by - Valis on 15 January 2003 17:12:19

• Gopher
    Gopher

Would her husband have to serve as an eyewitness against her? "Yeah she did it ! Off with her hand !"

If not, then would there only be ONE eyewitness to the event (the man with the aching balls), and therefore nothing could be done because there was not TWO witnesses who testified about her mortal sin??

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

It's easy to understand once you realize that women were viewed as property... no better than livestock.

That's why fornication and adultery were considered to be such serious offences... If you had sex with another man's wife, it was as if you were stealing something from him.

With the way we view woman as equals and not "property", I'm surprised that concepts such as fornication and adultery even exist.

• Solace
    Solace

Hmmm....

Guess they never met Mrs. Bobbit.

That guy woulda lost his privates long before he amputated any of her hands.

And her eyes woulda felt NO sorrow....

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

LMAO @ Heaven

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

see? Boys are dumb. They must not have read : "Do not bite sever the hand that feeds you"

geeeeez

XW

• sableindian
    sableindian

That scripture was added by Zipporah after she heard that flimsy excuse from Joshua's wife after being caught fingering Moses' privates...

• Farkel
    Farkel

heaven,

: Guess they never met Mrs. Bobbit.

Lorena Bobbit was killed in a car accident yesterday. Did you hear about it? (Poetic justice!)

Yeah, it seems some dick cut her off!!

Farkel

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Why would any woman want to grab a man by the privates if he's beating up her mongrel husband?

*ducks*

~Beck~

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Lol @ Beck

So, would the hand be severed only in this case, when a woman grabbed a guy's privates to save her hubby..... Or would that be done in any case?

Gawd, I would be in so much trouble should I live in ancient Hebrew society.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit