Are we helping to fulfill "prophecy"?

by LexIsFree 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LexIsFree
    LexIsFree
    I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I have been thinking the last few days about all of us. The "evil apostate" family. We all have suffered at the hands of the org and their brain washing of our family and friends. Some of us, like myself, haven't spoken to our dear friends in years! That hurts. The hurt and knowing ttatt have led some, if not all of us, to want the WT to fall and be destroyed. Some of us share our knowledge of ttatt in a nice way, some of us do it aggressively. Some even protest outside of conventions or even in the KH (2015 memorial video on YT comes to mind). My question is "Are we helping to fulfill the Witnesses idea that they will be persecuted in the " last days" therefore justifying their deep seeded belief that they are indeed God's chosen people and the TRUTH??" What do you guys think?
  • username
    username
    Nope. Only the watchtower is fulfilling this teaching. Look at the evidence, most "persecution" has been orchestrated by the watchtower itself so their followers can say they are being "persecuted!"
  • bellasmile
    bellasmile

Philosophically we ALL bring about our own persecution. No one needs "evidence" of that. Evidence is completely subjective. No one can cause you to suffer without your permission. Suffering doesn't prove that someone else is wrong. What it proves is that you will go to any lengths, including self-destruction, to prove that you are right. Just ask yourselves what is your purpose in life?

Many who consider themselves Christians all through time and even today have been persecuted and killed for religious reasons. (ISIS anyone?) However just because many different people are persecuted, not just JW or Christians does not in my opinion make them any less likely to be a fulfillment of prophesy.

REMEMBER that the opposite of Love is not hate. It is indifference. You used an emotional argument meaning you have unresolved feelings. If someone was a "Dear" friend than why would they not speak to you in years? Does that fit the definition?

When you do not find answers you are not asking the right questions. Good Luck.

• LexIsFree
    LexIsFree
    @bellasmile Very interesting post. And I agree w/you on your points on persecution. Very well explained. Thanks.
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

The Org shoe-horns scriptures into fitting in with their interpretation of some man-made event, and then calls it "fulfilment of prophecy", e.g. a group of men being released from prison in 1919; a convention at Cedar Point Ohio in 1922; J.W's. under-whelming growth and internet and trolley-witnessing is "speeding up" the preaching work, as fulfilment of Isaiah 60:22.

The Org's puerile attempts at such claims are being dismissed by more and more J.W.'s.

• Dumplin
    Dumplin
    Proverbs 29:27
    "The righteous detest the dishonest; the wicked detest the upright" - (mainly because they don't like others to expose their dishonesty)
  • GiftsinMen
    GiftsinMen

We are exercising our freedom of speech and personal expression both vital to human development....nothing to do with the WT or prophecy.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    We could completely leave the WT alone, and they'd figure out how to spin it as affirmation of their theology.
  • Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

It is a circular argument.

No one wins.

... and there is no reasoning with someone, who is convinced that they are a victim.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Manipulating events to make your own prediction come true doesn't count...

...it is, in fact, cheating.

x

And if you have to cheat to defend your beliefs, your beliefs don't deserve to be defended.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit