Why Me?

by John Aquila 69 Replies latest jw experiences

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    Magnum I had to read you post a couple of times. Man if you could give this as a talk in one of the conventions or better yet in the annual jwtv, a lot of people would leave the Watchtower crying. What a paradox, you have something that can help millions wake up, and yet no opportunity to use it. It's so frustrating. I want to tell all my friends to read your post but I can't.
    But I just got an idea, I will memorize it and use it at the next opportunity.
  • vinman
    vinman

John Aquila10 hours ago
    Yea, I do, I really don't have any answers. Everyone here so far makes a point I can't refute. I almost have my second degree and read tons of books on different subjects and I'm still as lost as ever. So I decided to just admit I don't know and probably won't before the final breath. And I'm not really ok with it but what else can I do? Nothing but try to enjoy the last few moments of life I do have.
    When I started fading, I went bazerk. I reseached everything including evolution and atheism. But after the dust settled, I realised that their are two sides to EVERY story. I went to this website: http://thewatchtowerfiles.com/mystory/
    Many articles were encouraging. I came to the realisation that I feel like the author, Doug Shields. The Bible, Yahweh, Yeshua, just feel natural. I also studied many sites about the Bible itself. My favorite is this article written in prior to 1900: http://www.biblebb.com/files/ryle/inspiration.htm
    I have found great comfort in this path.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    John thanks for turning me back a few pages to Magnum's post. Earlier it was too long and I didn't have time, but after your comment went back and read it now. Such good thoughts there.
  • Syme
    Syme

I'll tell you why: Because you're a DEVIL-DRIVEN MENTALLY DISEASED BLASPHEMOUS EVIL APOSTATE, that's why.

• getanewplanstan
    getanewplanstan

There is an ancient saying that somehow did not make it into the bible: "It is easy to believe something is real if we want it to be real".

What good hearted person does not have difficulty coping in this world? What good hearted person would not want an end to suffering, death, injustice? What good hearted person would want to stand in the way of that?

You came to a point in your life where you were ready or able to accept the world as is is. It no longer was necessary for you to have this crutch. You grew up psychologically.

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

I wonder why I had to get into this org ... from all the people out there, why did I got to be fooled by those people?

And I thought I was not stupid ...

stupid me.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Pb you are far from stupid! You were probably just looking for something different. From what I see on here, you don't shy away from having different thoughts than most people. It might have been this tendency that led you to the JW's, but this tendency also led you out of it!
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd

I know for me that although it was the apostasy that was the final straw that led to my exit there were so many other factors that had to be set in place that brought me to that point. That is why I think direct apostasy never works. For instance I sent a jw friend of mine an article on the ARC, and she told me she deleted it and never looked at it. The saddest part of all is that she was also a victim of child sex abuse. Sadder still it also highlights the level of control an organisation can have over someone who just Dosnt want to consider that there is a problem in their belief system. You would think for someone who has had 1st hand experience with sex abuse that they would be the first to accept this but there you go.

For me it wasn't about 539 VS 607 etc. I just felt unhappy in the Org. I felt lonley and I also felt isolated. I had these factors first and then one day when in front of the computer I punched a question into Google and that was it.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    For me it wasn't about 539 VS 607 etc. I just felt unhappy in the Org. I felt lonley and I also felt isolated. I had these factors first and then one day when in front of the computer I punched a question into Google and that was it.

OMG this went right through me. To have had Google in the eighties and in the privacy of my own home ask the world a question! Then we might have got out sooner and with less pain. To have had this site to come to and get help. Thanks Simon.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Hi John,

you ask " Why Me". Well the reason I woke up was simply that I had more important considerations in my life, and stopped paying attention. When I came back paying attention the " break" away meant the indoctrination had weakened.

The Rebel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit