Which country has the best comedy shows?

by sleepy 42 Replies latest jw friends

• sleepy
    sleepy

We have had some pretty amasing classic comedy in Britian over the years.

Faulty Towers, The office, Alan partridge,Ali G etc.Mind you weve had some very crap sit-com 2.4 kids etc.

Who does it better the Brits or the Yanks?

Sorry ozzies cant think of any from down under.

• riz
    riz

Mexico wins.

two words- Sabado Gigante.

• ISP
    ISP

The UK has some excellent stuff. There have already been some excellent shows mentioned. You could also add Only Fools and Horses and Blackadder.

Going back a bit.....The Two Ronnies. I think the spoof stuff like Partridge, AliG, Trigger Happy TV were all cool!

ISP

• Kep
    Kep

I would say it would depend on your taste in comedy...

UK - I love Absolutely Fabulous, Mr Bean, Last of the summer wine...

USA - Fresh Prince, Benson was a classic, Taxi, Home Improvement

Kep

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

Can't think of any ozzie comedy? Prisoner cell block H?? Hilarious, if unintentionally so...

Seems to me you get brit comedy written by individuals or duos, so their quality rests on the genius (or crapness, as in 2.4 kids) of the individuals involved. For the American stuff I think they often have teams of many many gag writers so they can cherry pick out the good stuff. I don't know which is better! They both have a different feel. I never tire of watching "Porridge", and I've really enjoyed "Scrubs" recently.

ig.

• Sargon
    Sargon

Comedy, no-one beats you Brits. Monty Python's my personal favorite and I've got lotsa tapes of Dave Allen at Large. But if you want to see some real jokes, you should watch our Canadian Parliament sometime.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Best comedians? Canada, hands down. Mike Meyers, Jim Carrey, Paul Gross. The entire cast of SCTV - John Candy, Joe Flaherty, John Hemphill, Eugene Levy, Andrea Martin, Rick Moranis, Catherine O'Hara, Harold Ramis, Tony Rosato, Martin Short, Dave Thomas, Mary Charlotte Wilcox

Comedy? SCTV, This Hour has 20 Minutes, Air Farce, and more.

No american can duplicate it the hilarous detective spoof, Due South. They can't laugh at themselves.

The UK comedy is great, though. Consider the incomparable, Mr. Bean.

Wait! There's more! Look what I found:

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

OOhhh yesssss, KIDS IN THE HALL

I SQUISH YOUR HEAD!!!!!

I SQUISH -- SQUISH -- SQUISH YOUR HEAD!!!!!

• MARTINLEYSHON
    MARTINLEYSHON

jgnat

Get a life. Uk anytime

• roybatty
    roybatty

India. Those accents just kill me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit