Should jws eat fried fish?

by badboy 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Emiliano
    Emiliano

The answer is no. Only grilled. Fried is bad for the heart. It could lead to an operation.. then youre faced with blood transfusion dilema, .. nope not a good Idea. Submit it to questions from ther readers.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Nathan,

One reason catfish tastes so good now is because of catfish "farming." The have huge ponds where the fishes diet is controlled, unlike the bottom feeders in lakes. The catfish caught in those lakes tasted pretty good, but they were not even close to the good taste we get from the fish raised on farms. Bug

• Ed
    Ed
    Submit it to questions from ther readers

Questions From Readers *

Would it be proper for Jehovah's Witnesses to eat fried fish?

When selecting a cooking method, mature Christians turn to the Bible for its views on such matters. It is true that the consumption of fish was authorized under the Mosaic Law (Leviticus 11:9), however - the process of frying involves cooking in fat, which Leviticus 3:17 makes clear is unacceptable to Jehovah, who stated through his prophet Moses "It is a statute to time indefinite for your generations, in all your dwelling places: You must not eat any fat or any blood at all." In view of this, would it be proper for God's people today to consume something that had been cooked in this manner?

Consider also Luke 24:42, which shows that Jesus ate broiled fish. At no point do the scriptures authorize the frying of fish. Would it therefore be wise for a True Christian to demonstrate an independent spirit by deviating from the fine example set by Jesus Christ himself? In light of the scriptural evidence, many right-hearted ones among God's people today feel that it is not, remembering that "He that is walking faultless will be saved, but he that is made crooked in his ways will fall at once." (Proverbs 28:18).

* no, not really...

• starfish422
    starfish422

Oh, GEEZ, Ed, you had me going there for a sec until I saw your footnote. **GULLIBLE** Sorry.

I even subscribe to The Onion Weekly Dispatch. You'd think I'd be able to distinguish...oh, never mind.

• starfish422
    starfish422

PS Ed, did you ever write for the Awake mag??? LMAO You've got it down perfectly. :)

• Ed
    Ed
    PS Ed, did you ever write for the Awake mag??? LMAO You've got it down perfectly. :)

LOL ... no, I guess I just read enough of them to spot the formula. This could be a fun challenge for another thread - see who can come up with the most convincing "Fake Watchtower Article".

• Englishman
    Englishman

The UK's "in" food at the moment, is Monk Fish!

'Tis indeed a delightful nibble too. The price is steep at 6 pounds 50 pence a pound though, wassat, $10 or so?

• riz
    riz

good one, ed!

you've got it down. i got nauseous and everything!

• Cassiline
    Cassiline
    The UK's "in" food at the moment, is Monk Fish!

Hey Englishman

They call Monk fish where I come from "poor man's lobster". It goes for about 3-4 dollars a pound. If cooked properly it can almost mimic the taste of lobster. Sure is one ugly fish and one ugly cut of fish/meat. I'm not going there. LOL

• Emiliano
    Emiliano

A lot of Pagans eat fried fish. Must be a bad thing. Maybe its origins are pagan. Can never be too careful.

Edited by - Emiliano on 15 January 2003 15:23:1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit