Should jws eat fried fish?

by badboy 26 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

I understand that Catholic eat fried fish on friday,as Friday is Frigga's day and she is a pagan goddess,should jws eat fried fish in view of the pagan connections?

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Fish is permitted Saturday through Thursday; however, if you eat fish on Friday you'll be DF'd or PETA will throw paint on you, depending on who sees you eating it.

Nina (of the Sushi-Is-Yummy class)

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

We have some of the best fried catfish in the world here in Texas. Don't mess with my catfish!! I love catfish and I am going to eat it anytime I wish!! Ok, I feel better now. Bug

• badboy
    badboy

Who or what is PETA?

• LDH
    LDH
  • hannibal
    hannibal

People who

Eat

Tasty

Animals

• Francois
    Francois

People for The Enforcement of Their Attitudes

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

mmmmmmmmm....meat.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Shutterbug, you are SO right! Catfish is deee-lish!

I think that some people are put off by the appearance of the whiskered mud-dweller. As if chickens were pretty.

Give catfish a try, folks! It's good eats, and easily assimilated carbon units.

Edited by - Nathan Natas on 15 January 2003 11:35:29

• Introspection
    Introspection

This does bring to mind the whole conscience matter business and the scripture they use for it, the one talking about eating meat sacrificed to idols. What I want to know is, why doesn't that principle apply to everything they avoid because it has some kind of pagan origin? Is there any good reason for avoiding some things and being okay with others?

Edited by - Introspection on 15 January 2003 11:31:37

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit