Pioneering

by Sabin 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sabin
    Sabin
    I`ve heard many pioneers claim that they are deserving of material things because they are the ones who make all the sacrifices. One claimed that Jehovah had made sure that she got absolutely everything she wanted right down to shelfs so she could put up pic`s of her family because, to quote "we are so deserving, we`ve made the sacrifice". MInd you this is the same sister who told me "it`s harder for me having my son D.Fs than for a mother loosing her child in death". What a stupid cow. Do you think that Jehovah is so busy looking out for the pioneers making sure they get all the extras cause their just so amazing, that he hasn't noticed all the children dying of starvation every day?
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    I think most are narcissists that couldn't handle a pimple on their face. It's ALL about them! This has become a competitive/sad cult disguised as a religion. This woman is an idiot. She can see her son again (if she chooses). A mother who looses a child to death can not. Shame on her for comparing the two situations. She doesn't have a clue what it is like to loose a child in death.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I have heard the same thing from pioneers, special pioneers, COs, and my recent CoBE's wife how they want for nothing because so much is given to them for free, clothes, household items, furntiture, free weekends away etc. Yet there are others in the cong and people in the territory that have a genuine need that are being ignored and neglected by these "blessed" ones that "want for nothing."

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

I well remember one absolutely delightful (not!) special pioneer brother who was wont to broadcast that, to quote:

- " Pioneering gives you a licence to bludge."

(For those outside of Australia, the term "bludger" originally referred to a person who lived off the earnings of a prostitute. Long since, though, it has come to refer to anybody who is fed, clothed and housed at the expense of others.)

In my experience, this attitude seems common place amongst the "pious-sneerers".

Bill.

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

"we are so deserving, we`ve made the sacrifice"

this sounds so much like:

The Pharisee,standing by himself, prayed[a] thus: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I get.’ 13 But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God,be merciful to me, a sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified, rather than the other. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.

• Sabin
    Sabin
    Toesup, that's what I thought, infact I said to her I hope you have never said that to some-one who has lost a child in death. I think you might get punched on the nose
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    We are proud to say that we have worked EXTREMELY hard for EVERYTHING we have in life. Nothing is given to us. If there is a God, I hope he has a wonderful "test" in store for these people!
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

"we are so deserving, we`ve made the sacrifice"

Sounds like Joyce Meyer.

Doc

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub
    I remember going out socially with pioneers for dinner who wouldn't order anything, and would sit there looking at everyone eating, with that sad look on their face just waiting for someone to offer them some of their food. I'm normally quite generous in this area with those I consider genuine friends, but I never once offered to share my meal with these free loading pioneers. So many times I felt like saying 'go get yourself a full time job or stay at home if u can't afford to go out for a meal"...
  • steve2
    steve2

Infantile believers inhabit a simplistic world in which God both cares about and caters for their every luxurious need whilst remaining indifferent to the world of pain, devastation and loss. Such a God mirrors the narcissistic mentality of "His" chosen people:

"God looks after us - you could have what we have if you submit to our authority".

There has never ever been a shortage of "true" believers across the centuries who have believed in the special attentions of their God to their practical everyday needs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit