August Study WT "Prepare Now to be a Good Little Drone in the New Order"

by JW_Rogue 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• millie210
    millie210

Sounds like they are talking to the disgruntled brothers that are not part of the "new" building program - the one that replaced the RBC.

I have heard that some of those brothers are pretty P.O.d at being left out.

But what if we were directed to perform a particular aspect of the work that did not appeal to us? Would we submit to that direction by doing our best to carry out and even enjoy our assignment?..........................
    If we cooperate with those taking the lead today, perhaps finding contentment and joy in new assignments of service, we are likely to have the same attitude in the new world......................
  • pixel
    pixel

beautifying
    happifying.

Wow.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    In my last few years "in" it dawned on me what paradise was really going to be like and i knew i wanted no part of it. I think it was the beginning of the end of me as a JW.
  • sir82
    sir82

How do these non-educated, science-hating people assume they are going to handle all of that?

1) Miracles

2) Wait on Jehovah

3) Lather, rinse, repeat

On the OP....so, "paradise" is going to be a continuation of the mind-numbing drudgery of current JW life, only without vacations to Las Vegas, Paris, Hong Kong, etc. to add a drip of excitement to the tedium?

Yikes. I think I'll take my 80 years right now, and go to sleep afterward, thank you very much.

• Half banana
    Half banana

I think I have just seen a Watchtower death wish in operation.

For those already doubting this could be the last straw. It was for me when I realised that paradise would actually be a living hell under the stranglehold of the GB.

• tidalblitz
    tidalblitz

This makes it sound like Bethel life. Essentially, they are saying the bethel arrangement will be expanded to the whole world. Yikes! No thanks. I wouldn't want to live in a commune for eternity!

My idea of paradise would be doing whatever the hell I wanted, including nothing at all! Sleep all day? No problem! Go fishing? Absolutely!

"Brother, tomorrow, we need to you to go help dig ditches for the dead bodies."

Me: "No thanks. I'm busy sleeping tomorrow! And the day after that, I'm gonna start on building my own house."

"Brother, you need to follow the arrangement! You need to follow the instructions of those taking the lead!"

Me: "No thanks, I'm good."

• fastJehu
    fastJehu
    apostrate
    Back in the 70's an elder stood on the platform and let everyone know that in the New System we can't just live wherever we want. Everyone might rush to the West to get 'em some ocean front property. No, no. The Society will tell us where to live.

Gerrit Lösch told us the same 3 or 4 years ago during his visit in germany.

• sir82
    sir82

This makes it sound like Bethel life. Essentially, they are saying the bethel arrangement will be expanded to the whole world.

What poor schmuck is going to get stuck with laundry duty?

And no industrial size washing machines!

"OK Brother Spiritually Weak, your task for the next 12 hours is to wash these 1000 pairs of dirty undies, down in the river, by hand, on the rocks with lye soap. Don't forget to change into your meeting clothes to eat lunch."

As I noted before....no thanks!

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    The language in that article, their vision of 'paradise', the eternal chastisement and need to follow 'instruction'"..... It really would be like living in North Korea. Forever. People would be pining for that test of loyalty when Satan is released, just so they could get out of there!!
  • Autumnation4414
    Autumnation4414
    And what would prevent factions from revolting against the WT and living in their own parts of the world? Afterall, there are only 7.5 million witnesses so there would be ample of land to restart your own cicilization far from any shunning or any other course of disciplinary actions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit