Who's left of the Governing Body?

by YellowLab 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• YellowLab
    YellowLab

Some of you may recall the Governing Body pictures on page 116 of the Proclaimers book. That was back in January, 1992.

They were:

Carey W. Barber
    John E. Barr
    W. Lloyd Barry
    John C. Booth
    Frederick W. Franz
    George D. Gangas
    Milton G. Henschel
    Theodore Jaracz
    Karl F. Klein
    Albert D. Schroeder
    Lyman A. Swingle
    Daniel Sydlik

Who of this group is still alive? They looked very elderly even back then.

• Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh

Last I heard:

Carey W. Barber - alive
    John E. Barr - alive
    W. Lloyd Barry - died
    John C. Booth - died
    Frederick W. Franz - dead
    George D. Gangas - dead
    Milton G. Henschel - alive
    Theodore Jaracz - alive
    Karl F. Klein - dead
    Albert D. Schroeder - alive
    Lyman A. Swingle - alive
    Daniel Sydlik - alive

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Who took Ray France's place after he was kicked out?

Yizuman

• Farkel
    Farkel

Lloyd Barry died on STAGE at a District Assembly near the end of giving the talk "Fighters Against Jehovah Will Not Prevail."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Rot in hell, Barry!

Farkel

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Isn't the GB supposed to maintain the 12 always even one dies? Since the list shows 7 left alive, minus the fact Ray Franz left the GB, so who is qualified to take over the seat when one becomes vacant?

I'm curious how the GB will maintain after all the old geezers dies. And if they did all die, then what will the JWs think of it then? Since it was said that all the generations of 1914 shall not pass away before Armageddon comes.

Yizuman

• Farkel
    Farkel

Yizu (Gary),

: Isn't the GB supposed to maintain the 12 always even one dies?

No. They've had up to 18 members and now have 11, I believe.

Farkel

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

And if they did all die, then what will the JWs think of it then? Since it was said that all the generations of 1914 shall not pass away before Armageddon comes.

Well the demise of the Gb doesn't cover all the remnant class so it won't mean much, the scripture you're referring to said something to the affect that the tribulation will be cut short for the sake of the few remaing. So it also indicated that some of the remnant class would in fact make it past the tribulation and possibly into the New World. (If my memory serves me correctly).

• Smiles
    Smiles

Report out of a WT Branch Office said that Daniel Sydlik of the WT GB recently suffered a heart attack that left him seriously infirm an in need of relearning some basic vocal and motor skills.

Also, a while back Milton Henschel of the WT GB suffered a stroke that left him seriously infirm and in need of relearning some basic vocal and motor skills.

Carey Barber of the WT GB is nearly 100 years young.

Seems like just a matter of time before we hear that yet more WT GB have "finished their earthly course."

• Farkel
    Farkel

Smiles,

: Report out of a WT Branch Office said that Daniel Sydlik of the WT GB recently suffered a heart attack that left him seriously infirm an in need of relearning some basic vocal and motor skills.

Sydlik was an enigmia. One could never tell which direction he would take next. In short, he was a Politician in WatchtowerWorld(tm).

: Also, a while back Milton Henschel of the WT GB suffered a stroke that left him seriously infirm and in need of relearning some basic vocal and motor skills.

Henschel it out of it. He won't be back to shamelessly take first-class accommodations in a hotel in Malta anymore and get pissed of when he was challenged with that fact.

: Carey Barber of the WT GB is nearly 100 years young.

His drool can be bought at $5.00 per teaspoon-full from Brooklyn. Pre-paid postage, of course.

: Seems like just a matter of time before we hear that yet more WT GB have "finished their earthly course."

That is WatchtowerSpeak(tm) for "that jerk is finally dead. I hope the next jerk won't mess up my retirement in Patterson."

The more I know about the Watchtower Printing Corporation, the more I despise them and their nonsense.

Farkel

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Milton G.

Henschel
    Theodore Jaracz
    Daniel Sydlik
    Albert D. Schrder
    Carey W. Barber
    John E. Barr
    Gerrit Lsch
    Samuel F. Herd
    M. Steven Lett
    Guy H. Pierce
    David H. Splane

These are the ones now. 11, there is nothing stating they have to be a specific number. Henschel, Sydlik, Schroeder are ill, Barber close to 100, Herd, Lett, Pierce, Splane and Loesch realtively young, and Barr and Jaracz in good health. When someone goes out, as Ray Franz, there is nothing saying that one should be replaced, as there is not a fixed number.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit