Herbal Smokes - are they okay?

by Beck_Melbourne 21 Replies latest jw friends

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

I say if you have a craving, give in. Just a bit. I used to be a heavy smoker. Like almost 2 packs a day. I didn't have a desire to quit, though the habit was grossing me out. I admit I'm addicted. But rather than deny myself and stress about that, i simply cut back to something more reasonable. I now smoke about a a pack a work week and one pack over the course of a friday, saturday, sunday weekend. One of these days I'll want to give it up completely I'm sure, but for now I'm okay.

But I agree with TH enhaling ANY kind of smoke, natural or otherwise, is not healthy

• Debz
    Debz

Hi ((((((((((((((((((((((Beck))))))))))))))))))

I haven`t known anyone that has tried them.......and I know how you feel Beck ....I gave up last July as you know and since then have had the `odd` one...I don`t `beat` myself up over it coz if I did I think I`d be back on em fulltime again...I reckon that as long as I don`t go back how bad I was (40 a day) that I must be better off....thats my strongest advise coz if you keep feeling bad..you`ll give up totally and start up..again!! if that makes sense...anyways ......see ya soon...XXX

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

I thought you were talking about a different kind of herb. Never mind....

I never heard of herbal ciggies Beck, so I can't help you out there. But I agree with Robyn, it's the tar thats so bad for you [and me, cause I smoke too].

• Prisca
    Prisca
    I thought you were talking about a different kind of herb. Never mind....

I did too

Anyway, I agree with Debz, don't cut yourself up over having one now and again, otherwise that will cause you to stress more and that will lead to smoking more.

Although if you get any of the other kind of herbal ones.....

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Are they okay?

Since smoking any substance is inhaling smoke and considering smoke inhalation is one of the serious injuries you can sustain in an area where combustion is taking place, I would argue that there is no "more benign" form of smoking. But hey, that's just me!

• onacruse
    onacruse

<-------looking at that big old stogie in GrouchoSteph's mouth

Craig

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Hey, I didn't say I didn't like the odd pipe-full of tobacco (not that I've had one for about 15 years!), just that combusting anything and inhaling the fumes isn't going to be as good for your health as not doing so!

• onacruse
    onacruse

Steph, and I suppose you think eating Scaloppini al Vino Bianco is healthier than smoking?

Mwuuahahahaha

Craig

• Mackin
    Mackin

Mackin

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    and I suppose you think eating Scaloppini al Vino Bianco is healthier than smoking?

Heh, heh! No - just tastier...

And what is it with pizzas these days?? Now you get a so-called "gourmet pizza" which is a crust with two slices of tomato, a few strands of goat's cheese and a couple of basil leaves - call that a pizza?? Give me the old "Venice Special" any day!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit