Herbal Smokes - are they okay?

by Beck_Melbourne 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

They look like ciggies, they even taste like ciggies, but they smell like horse poop. Hell I don't care...they'll do me.

I've been off smokes for 2 years...but had a terrible craving (stress related) and so I surrendered to the craving and had a few drags of a Peter Jackson number 8...then I had another...and another. I had some crazy thoughts about buying a packet. Instead, today I bought a packet of Herbal cigarettes...no nicotine, no tobacco...4mg of tar.

Does anyone else smoke them?? The ones I am trying are Honey Rose...they sure do give you the illusion that you've just had a 'real' cigarette...which is probably all I need right now.

I feel a little bit guilty after 2 years of being off smokes...so can someone out there please tell me herbal smokes are okay

~Beck~

• Robdar
    Robdar

Beck,

The thing that worries me is the tar. It isn't just nicotine that is dangerous in cigarettes. It is the tar content. The tar will clog up your lungs.

Do they taste good?

Love ya,

Robyn

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Hi there Robyn

Yeah I thought about the tar...its the addiction to the nicotine that worries me (for now at least)...I don't want to be addicted again like I used to be.

I'm just hoping that after a few of these herbies I will be over my 'moment' and hopefully no addiction problem to contend with. I'm also hoping my 'moment' won't last too long...but in these critical times, who knows LOL.

Do they taste good?

As good as the real thing baby!

~Beck~

• SLOAN
    SLOAN

Beck,

I worry that you may get bored with them and actually want to smoke a REAL cigarette. NO SMOKE is good for you, but we all do things we shouldn't. Hope that you continue to stay strong and stay away from the reg. ciggies for sure!!!!! Good luck!

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Thank you Sloan...I did succumb to regular smokes, three times in fact. I feel like slapping myself three times for it...but I don't want to buy regular smokes...that would be a giant step backwards...but buying herbal smokes only feels like a tiny step backwards

Its not the nicotine I crave, its the illusion of the effects of the cigarette that I crave. These herbal smokes give me that...but as you say, I may become bored with them...I hope not.

I just figure that since the herbal smokes don't have nicotine or tobacco, then they aren't really giving me a 'fix'...yet my craving is satisfied after I have one.

Oh I'm so confused!! I only know that I don't want to be back on the regulars again...but then again, the new system would fix my lungs up...wouldn't it? LOL....With that being said, makes one wonder why they DF people for smoking if the new system is gonna restore our lungs back to perfection again.

~Beck~

Edited by - beck_melbourne on 14 January 2003 22:46:54

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    I worry that you may get bored with them and actually want to smoke a REAL cigarette

Ditto. I think you are fooling yourself here Beck! You're either a smoker or you aren't, so get off the fence with these herbal cigs!

According to a recent study, cigarettes have been shown to cause premature wrinkling of pretty Aussie girls' skin. We wouldn't want that would we?

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Hi Dan

I like the fence

~Beck~

• Funchback
    Funchback

Hi, Beck.

If it makes you feel better, you can wrap me up in some paper and wrap your lips around me and..... Oops! Wrong forum.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

LOL@funch

If it makes you feel better, you can wrap me up in some paper and wrap your lips around me and..... Oops! Wrong forum.

I don't often laugh out loud at work...that was cute and sassy

You're an addiction of another kind Funch!

Now be still while I get some paper

~Beck~

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Putting any smoke into your lungs is bad, I know how you feel about quiting, been thinking about doing it again, my mistake last time, was quiting, while dating a complete psycho, I quit for 2 months, and well she stressed the crap out of me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit