JW Baptism Misrepresentation/Ilegal for under 18's

by Pleasuredome 24 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

I was baptized at age 12 in 1974. I was not aware of the legal ramifications of the changes in 1985, in fact I was not even aware of the changes. I found out in 1995 and I left as soon as I could make the necessary living arrangements. I felt they broke their contract with me. I did not agree to, nor would I have agreed to those 1985 terms.

Ravyn

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Bumping

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

All the legal posturing is for naught.

If you were baptized as one of Jehovah's Witnesses as a minor, and you decide that you want out, you can get out. Period. But, they will let the congregation know of your decision by saying: "John Doe is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses."

They face no legal ramification in that, as they are just stating the facts about your desire to no longer be considered one of JWs.

YOU made the decision. They just let your congregation know of it.

JMHO

Doc

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The only way to remove power from them is to live your life as if they do not exist, that is what I do, I may be seen voting, or donating blood, or with a big fat cigar in my gob at Christmas, and if so may end up DF'd.

If they try I will make it as difficult for them as I can, have a lot of fun along the way, but I really cannot worry about the insignificant little farts.

I was baptised in 1962, but there is no way to make it invalid in their eyes, they will still have their little kangaroo court if they want, eventually/maybe, they may not be able to convene one for fear of what it will cost each of the three Elders, I shall sue their individual asses off.

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

As far as I am concerned their baptism is a scam and therefore not valid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit