JLOB's Weight Loss Pictures

by xenawarrior 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

It is extremely difficult to lose weight, simply because virtually everything that tastes really yummy is also very fattening. It took me getting cancer to change my eating habits. It wasn't hard at first cause I was in shock. However, I eliminated all meats (except for salmon), dairy products and all junk food and substituted them with things like veggie burgers (which were much better tasting than what I had anticipated), soy ice cream (pretty good!) and almond milk (really sweet!). I ate lots of whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables. This wasn't easy as I love virtually all foods that are bad for me. In addition, I started working out at the gym for 45 minutes 6 times a week. I lost 25 lbs. in about 6 weeks.

It's extremely hard to keep up with this, so I've incorporated some things back into my diet like chicken, yogurt and low-fat milk.

I've lost 40 lbs. now and feel a hell of alot better than I did before.

The key is: don't let that addictive part of your brain rule the roost. We all like comfort food, but we have to realize that we can't eat it all the time. Limit it to one day a week.

I've got another 60 lbs. to lose, but hopefully, I'll be there by summer.

Kudos to ANYONE who loses weight!! It's the hardest thing in the world to beat.

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

He looks GREAT! and I must say he also looks younger,

you're an inspiration JLOB.

MARY, way to go!!!

with all the hormones, antibiotics and pesticides in meat makes me eat less of the stuff, have you tried the Boca Burgers?, they're good too.

• LDH
    LDH

Hey, congrats! I'm getting on the treadmill right now.

Does JLOB go by another moniker on the board? It's not ringing any bells.

Lisa

• kelpie
    kelpie

Keeps us struggling ones motivated.

• ugg
    ugg

oh my,,,i am so jealous....( ugg...of the putting the donuts back class)

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Whoa!! Great work JLOB!!

There's hope for this little baby elephant perhaps

~Beck~

• Emiliano
    Emiliano

Jerrod (spelling?) eat your heart out.!

Subway sandwich diet.

Edited by - Emiliano on 15 January 2003 15:32:57

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

He looks Awsome that is so great.

• JLOB
    JLOB

Thanks Xena for posting the pictures.

Thanks everyone for your love, support and kind words.

I will carry all of you with me this weekend while I run the marathon. When I crosss the finish line all of you will cross with me.

I hope I serve as an example that you can accomplish anything you set your mind to and are willing to modify your behavior. Your success lies where your hart is. I believe in everyone of you and know you all will accomplish your personal goals.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

You look great!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit