JLOB's Weight Loss Pictures

by xenawarrior 22 Replies latest jw friends

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Some of you may recall him talking about losing 80 lbs in 8 months in this thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=43882&site=3

Well here are the pics:

BEFORE: November 2001

AFTER: October 2002:

GREAT JOB J!!!!!!!

XW

• Francois
    Francois

What I want to know is HOW he did it? Cause I need to loose about 45 pounds myself.

francois

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Amazing pics. One of the hardest things to do is lose weight, especially if you are the type where genetics has predispositioned you gain like a bear preparing for winter. Amazing job, JLOB. Why not post in detail just how you did it?

• JH
    JH

Where's the beef

• sisteract
    sisteract

Wow---Great Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd like to lose about 25 lbs and find it so hard!!!!! I'm almost 40 and definitely can feel and see the difference in my body. I'd love to here how you did it and how you kept focused and motivated. Thanks for posting those pics. You are a very attractive couple.

Sisteract

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Remarkable!

Look out, Mr. Universe!

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

You got my two thumbs up!!

Guest 77

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I missed this in JLOB's original post and found it. This is how he did it:

JLOB:

How I lost my 80 pounds....

I began by knowing myself and really knowing my strengths and weakneses. I did not set out to "Lose weight" at all. I set out to improve my life style so that I could live a healthy one. I wanted to learn new behaviors so I could become healthier.

I started in Feburary of 2002 at that time I weighed 280 pounds and had a 42 inch waist. I focused on reducing my fat intake. I did not worry about Carbs and I did not count calories. I change what I ate and how I ate it. I began to eat 5 to 6 times a day. I taught myself to graze and not to eat meals. I stop eating after 6:00 PM. Everything I eat is low in fat. My daily goal was not to eat more than 10 grams of fat a day. By April (after 3 months) I had totally changed my eating habits and lost 30 pounds. I dropped to 250 pounds without excercising at all. The 30 pounds I lost came off because the change in my eating habits and incorporating low fat foods.

In April I began to excercise. I enjoyed running in the past so I took up running again. When I started running I was not very good at it and could not run very far. I kept with it though and stayed true to myself. By July I had lost over 50 pounds and my running had gottten to a point where I was really enjoying it. In July I joined a marathon training club and begain training for a marathon. To date I lost over 80 pounds and 10 inches on my waist. Next Sunday January 19th 2003 I will be participating in a marathon in which I will complete in less than 4 hours. I am a totally diferent person than who I was a year ago.

I said you have to know yourself. Along the way I did make it a point to have cheat days where I could eat whatever I wanted and not worry about the fat grams. The once a week cheat day allowed me to enjoy the foods I knew I could not live without thusly taking away any temptations for my weaknesses.

The key to anything we set out to accomplish is are own behavior. By modifying my eating and excersise behaviors I have become a healthy 36 year old. My conitued behavior will keep me healthy. No product, diet, program, pill or other crazy weight loss scheme can modify your behavior. Only you can do that. To be successful in weight managment you must begin and end with your behavior. Once your behavior is is place counting calories, carbs, or fat grams is easy. Do not pay anyone to help you lose weight. Once you really want to change you will. Your behavoir always follows your heart.

• shera
    shera

Good for you!You deserve to be proud.

Its hard to loose weight,after my 3rd child I know that!Its comming tho...slowlieeeeee!

Heather

• Solace
    Solace

Wow!

You are a SuperDeDooPerDee Studmuffin if I ever saw one!

I would have never guessed you werent always the lightweight you were when I met you at XW's!

Great Job J! You look Maaavalous!

My favorite JLOB quote,

October 20th, 2002

" THE BIBLE SAYS, JESUS IS THE ANTI CHRIST !!! "

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit