Our Kids Feel Like Freaks

by Shakita 21 Replies latest jw friends

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

My oldest son wa 14 when we began leaving the borg. When we sat him down and told him we didnt believe it was the truth anymore , he said,,,,,,,"Thank God".........I am so happy". He said that he had been having doubts before we did,,,,,,, probably because although he was raised a witness , we were not so strict on him, we let him have friends to a degree and tried to make up for all the things he didnt get to celebrate.

But towards the very end before we talked to him about leaving , he said he was very depressed and it scared him how alone and sad he felt. I knew something was wrong, but I didnt know what to do about it,,,,,,those early teen years are hard , and they are harder when you have no freedom , no real friends to do things with.

He just turn 16 on Monday, and is a freshman in highschool, his first year in school ever. He makes almost all A's, got voted class Beau the first week he was there, started on the football team his first try out, and has been to parties, dances, and hangs out with his friends.

He is really happy. He has such a full life,,,,, I never hear I am bored anymore, I never see tears in his eyes because he is so unhappy.

Oh he pulls his normal teenage boy crap that is for sure,,,,,,, he loves to irritate me, listen to his music way too loud, pull some pranks, act crazy in class,,,, you know normal things ,,,,,,,but all in all he is not a devil worshipper like the JW's would have you believe if you leave them.

I am thankful we got in time for him to have the rest of his teen years as a normal kid.

• Shakita
    Shakita
    It was hard to get over the WT indoctrination, but time took care of it. I read Steven Hassan's books on Combatting Cult Mind Control, and it freed me from feeling like I was failing somehow. I realized I was a victim of a cult. I felt guilty for a long time, and it took us time to get out, because we did it gradually. Now I am totally free of their mind control, so feel fine.

Mulan,

Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry that you lost a loved one due to the Wt's blood policy. I am in the process of getting over the WT indoctrination. I'm going to order Steven Hassan's book because I need to make the final breakaway from this cult. It is depressing to learn that we gave over our minds to these people, but with time, their influence and mind control will fade.

Dede:

But towards the very end before we talked to him about leaving , he said he was very depressed and it scared him how alone and sad he felt. I knew something was wrong, but I didnt know what to do about it,,,,,,those early teen years are hard , and they are harder when you have no freedom , no real friends to do things with.

I too was concerned for my children. They felt alone and isolated. They had few friends in the JW's and no friends at school. This year my wife and I discussed what we would do with my youngest child. We agreed to let her do what all the other kids were doing. We didn't want our child to feel ostracized any more. My children feel relieved that they can now have a normal childhood.

Wheelwithinwheel:

Morning services sitting at my desk while the others stood, saluted, sang etc. memory: a teacher decided to do Bible reading, Dad said I could participate brought my Bible (NWT) my turn to read everyone freaking out that my Bible was completely different from their Bibles. A little girl named Donna her mother sending her with the same Bible as me (NWT). Her being laughed at and called a Jehoboswitch too. Donna wasnt a Jehoboswitch.

When we were fully in the JW's we failed to see how everyone viewed us as freaks. It's sobering to discover that everyone knew that we were part of a cult, except us. I'm sorry that you have some distressing memories. I hope that you can move forward and put the JW's behind you.

Mr. Shakita

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit