What went wrong in your congregation?

by The Rebel 39 Replies latest jw friends

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Truth is...when the society gave the green light to use technology to further their studying......they gave the rank and file the necessary tools for waking up. All ya gotta do is google jehovahs witlesses and BAM !!!!!! YAAAAAAAAY !!!!!!
  • vinman
    vinman

I was in sign language for 4.5 years. 40 publishers. Out of that, 22 were regular pioneers. Average Meeting field sevice: 8 including kids. And not always that many. Most counted time driving to the for winds. Some would send an email in the morning at 7 just to get time started.. Others would work at jobs that involved driving. Well they would ask the first person if they knew of any deaf and count time throughout the day. Out of the 40, maybe 5 were go getters.Facts are, most JW's live counting time. But ministry? Nope.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I remember in the mid-90's, all the railing against the internet. As a JW, I wondered why. It made no sense to me.

Now it does.

• username
    username

Special deal - get yer specialized adapted iPads here - only £800. What does this wonderful provision from Jehovah have to offer?

Instent access to jehovahborg.org

Call the elders app with integrated video streaming for any wrongdoing.

Automatic upload of monthly activity to the COBE, including GPS location.

Every internet search will be recorded to help our brothers and sisters. Any suspicious activity will be detected thus alerting a local elder to visit you to give loving council.

Oh how happy are we to have this provision from Jehovah. Jehovah's people previously had the understanding that Moses had stone tablets (insert scripture here) today it is evidently clear that Moses had IPads (insert out of context scripture here from the revised bible) leading us to believe it was indeed Jehovah created this wonderful tool.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

username:

"Jehovah's people previously had the understanding that Moses had stone tablets (insert scripture here) today it is evidently clear that Moses had IPads (insert out of context scripture here from the revised bible) leading us to believe it was indeed Jehovah created this wonderful tool."

“I tell you,” he replied, “if they keep quiet, the tablets will cry out.” Luke 19:40, - Future Revised NWT

• hoser
    hoser
    LisaRose10 hours ago

Most JWs only go door to door because they have to, not because they want to, they don't enjoy it, and are not good at it.

Yep. It is a duty for them so might as well make the best of it. I attend a congregation of about 90 publishers and on some Saturday mornings all of the service groups are lumped together in one and still only 6 or 7 people out in service. Out of 90 freakin publishers! Yet our congregation average is still at national level. There definitely is some creative time counting going on.
    Tim hortons is the favoured spot up here.
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Funny now I get the message, forcing viewpoints on other people is insulting, unloving and arrogant.
    The Rebel.

I never visit this site without finding something to really ponder . Life lessons I suppose. There is no doubt in my mind (provided you haven't lost family etc) that coming out safe & sound the other side of WTBTS makes for a kinder, more well rounded individual.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Thanks for the replys.

I have found another thread that has an introspective perspective on this subject, and defiantly worth a read.

Posted by :- " Freddo, under " friends"

" Has the great watchtower trolley cart campaign, produced any results?"

The Rebel.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

One thing I will say about the witnesses in my area they are always dressed for the occasion. But why they need the suit jackets I saw them in, on a scorching August afternoon is beyound me.

The Rebel.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I remember in the mid-90's, all the railing against the internet - I remember this in my congregation, also at about the same time (mid-late 1990s).

I have to say, my old congregation was a mixed bag - there were extremist elders and sensible elders, although I guess all were told what to do by the higher-ups in the org.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit