anybody from west TN???

by christopherceo 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• christopherceo
    christopherceo

I have been in Jackson, Adamsville, Humboldt, Waynesboro, Rutherford

• christopherceo
  • maxwell
    maxwell

I know this thread was posted a while ago. But I thought I'd throw my voice in. I live in the DC area now. But I grew up in the West TN area. Went to Oakland cong. in Fayette County for the latter half of my growing up but attended a few congregations in Memphis before I was 9 and went with my Dad on talks to other cong. in the area. I wasn't the most social person but know a few people from surrounding congregations in the area.

Maxwell

• christopherceo
    christopherceo

Maxwell, I was raised in Somerville, TN. I helped remodel to Oakland KH. E-mail me if you want:

[email protected]

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I've been to Jackson and Memphis on business several times. Both have places called "Catfish Cabin" as I recall. The food there is great.

*****Rub a Dub

• buffman
    buffman

I'm from the Memphis area originally. I knew the Reckards from Bolivar and the Brittons from Jackson. Also knew a couple named Bobby and Susan (cant remember the last name) from Jackson. Anyone know these people??

Buffman

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

damn...you know the reckards too?

their son tony was hot...his hairdo was weird tho.

Edited by - kaykay_mp on 5 February 2003 14:5:51

• buffman
    buffman

Yeah I knew all the Reckards pretty well. I dated Ramona for a little while. Tony's brother, Wayne, married a girl I grew up with in Arkansas.

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

do you know the fountaines and the wests from bolivar, buffman?

gene fountaine smelled like old baloney and paint and his wife shirley was totally frigid. they were staying with this old lady and she left them her house after she died; before they were staying in her basement.

wayne and jeanne west always sang at el ranchito on saturday nights. after the "show" (whatever) i would always try to talk to them but they would act like they didn't know me. what a crock.

• buffman
    buffman

I didnt know the first couple you mentioned (fortunately), LOL...but i did kinda know Wayne and Jeanne. They played in Memphis when I was a weee little boy. I used to always ask them to play "Short People" for my mom since she was barely 5 feet tall. ;-) Last I heard, the two of them professed to be of the anointed? Does that sound right? I had a few friends from Jackson, TN too. I think that is close to Bolivar.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit