Road Rage Kills JW; Should Mom Commit Suicide?

by Funchback 15 Replies latest social current

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

I'm with you LyinEyes...I am not religious, I don't have a faith but I don't knock the power of faith to sustain people...whatever the source of that faith...

If I died suddenly, my Witness mother would draw comfort from her beliefs. I will never knock that.

I was such an unhappy Witness yet drew comfort in believing in something. Now I am happy and have no comfort in believing in that kind of something...go figure!

Thanks for your honesty!

• ugg
    ugg

all of this is deeply moving....

• mouthy
    mouthy

I was so touched by your words LE......As you know I lost 3 kids.... My first baby died after I was bombed in England in the war-she was 3 days old- but do you know what the hospital did to me????After she died ( I told you all -my Mother called her Faith Virginia) unlike me not a virgin.... They used to bring all the babies whos Mothers had no milk- I had to breast feed them!!!!They said I was a milk nurse. I was 17 years old..True they took some money off my bill because I fed so many- But that was so difficult for me Cuddling those darling little babies while I fed them- talk about aching heart & arms !!!!! I do believe in God NOW! I didnt then.... I am glad the woman who,s son was killed- has a faith.. I feel I will see Alan( my son died at 46) Melanie my daughter ( died at 43 )Faith my baby died at 3 days..) But you see it has been MY faith that saw me though all this trouble now.( not with the baby ) I love Jesus Christ ......I know this ticks a lot on line- but I had to say my 2 cents worth else my name aint mouthy.....

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Mouthy ,,,,, ((((((( Grace))))))))))) I didnt know all of that.I am so sad to hear what you went thru. That must still hurt , you must still have a void for all of your children. I can only image the sense of emptiness,,,,,, I don't even want to know that pain. I am glad you have your faith........and you say what ever you feel,,,,,,,,, because for those of little faith ,like myself, it gets us to wondering. I just don't know what is on the other side, what the real truth is,,,, but sometimes when I see something or hear something,,,,,, or even read a story here on line , I get a cold chill and goosebumps. I want to believe and maybe one day I will again. This life sure is a journey, and there is no way to predict the outcome,,,,,,,,I hope to one day have a better belief system of some sort,,,,,,,, to get me thru the hard times that are ahead. There will always be loved ones passing, I would like to feel the comfort I had at one time. I will not give up on God and Jesus ,,,,,, just guess I am going thru a stage of confusion. But in the mean time,,,,,,, I will still try and pray and hope he will come to me.

I am still shocked at what they made you do when you were bombed....... that seems so cruel.

(((((((((Grace and her babies)))))))))))))))

• Mulan
    Mulan

You guys are making me so sad. I am remembering my near losses, and the real losses are breaking my heart. Grace you went through so much, and you seem so strong. You must be an amazing woman. Dede your story hit home for me.

My last baby was 6 weeks premature and I was the one who wouldn't call Children's Hospital, to see how he was, and wouldn't take phone calls, and who cried when my friends were planning a shower for me, and asked them to stop talking about it. I was so sure he wasn't going to make it. He was a fighter too, and came home when he was 12 days old, completely well. They had said he would be in the hospital at least a month. The doctor told me in the ensuing years, that whenever he had a difficult day, or a critical case, he had his nurse bring him my file so he could read about a success story. Today that boy is 23, 6'2" and married.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Just feel like quoting Jim Morrison:

"No-one here gets out alive."

Thinking too much about that isn't too profitable for your health ..............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit