Fun At A Kingdom Hall

by LB 9 Replies latest jw friends

• LB
    LB

One of my favorite hobbies is geocaching. It's a game where you hide a little box of goodies and post coordinates on the internet. People go look for the cache and then log their finds. A few months ago I hid one outside of a Kingdom Hall. It's title is "Go Ahead, Knock on their Door".

You might find amusing some of the comments left by the users who've found the cache. I'll put a couple here and then the link to the webpage if you want to see it.

Thanks for this one.I would love to knock on their door.Again & Again & Again.But no one home this Saturday morning.
    Well Laugh Out Loud what a good name for this cache!!!!
    Here's the link... http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=26726
  • Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

LMAO!!!

Here are some of the log entries....

January 12 by skibowlers (skibowlers) (28 found)
    This was our first Medford cache. We were up from Crescent City to watch the PBA event at Lava Lanes. The parking lot was full as it was Sunday but we didn't knock. Love your sense of humor!

Dogmom & Skibowlers

December 18, 2002 by boxerlovers (151 found)
    Sure is a big parking lot for such a small building. No one was home on Wednesday either. Signed the log. Boxerlovers and the boxer too!
    December 7, 2002 by Appledumplingang (14 found)
    Great location. No one home on this afternoon. Maybe we will come back on Sunday and knock.

Appledumplingang

December 7, 2002 by PaToons (PaToons) (61 found)
    Thanks for this one.I would love to knock on their door.Again & Again & Again.But no one home this Saturday morning.
    November 28, 2002 by Pokie_Joe (23 found)
    Looked and looked. Will be checking again on the next run.

November 3, 2002 by Bufford (Bufford) (335 found)
    Hello fellow cachers!

It was Sunday afternoon and they were home so I was tempted to knock but thought better of it. Signed the log and snuck off to continue in my evil ways. Thanks for the fun.

Bufford

• reubenfine
    reubenfine

I never heard of this game but it sounds like fun. Great title!!

• LB
    LB

It is a fun game. I'm thinking about making it a series. Stick one around all the Kingdom halls in the area. My son used to go to this particular hall and when he saw a guy walking around outside one day holding a GPS he knew I had something to do with it.

• Princess
    Princess

You are so funny Al. I love it! Glad I'm not the only one having fun at a Kingdom Hall.

Rachel

• badboy
    badboy

i HEARD ON itv1 on South today about geocaching,I immediately thought being that kind of persons,Y not stick some old WT publications in a box and go from there!

• LB
    LB

Trust me, I get my hands on a load of old WT publications I won't put them anywhere that an innocent person could get their hands on them.

• TR
    TR

This is a very cool game! I wanna do it!

TR

• LB
    LB

TR click on this link

http://www.geocaching.com/hideseek/

Then type in your zip code. You'll see available caches close to your home. It's going to make you want to get out there today.

• abbagail
    abbagail

Cute! It reminds me a little of a "scavenger hunt" which we played as kids.

I noticed the instructions on Hiding a Cache:

Hide a cache

To hide a new geocache in your area...

Please make sure to obtain permission from the landowner or land manager prior to placing your geocache.

So did you get permission from the elders before placing the cache at the KH? LOL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit