Anyone Ever Reinstated After "Apostacy"?

by ExpandedMind 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    I was curious... how, exactly, does one "sin against the Holy Spirit"?

What does that mean?

Well, here's my understanding of it..

Blasphemying the Holy Spirit is one of them.

Lying to the Holy Spirit...

Acts 5 Ananias and Sapphira

1 Now a man named Ananias, together with his wife Sapphira, also sold a piece of property. 2 With his wife's full knowledge he kept back part of the money for himself, but brought the rest and put it at the apostles' feet.
    3 Then Peter said, "Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? 4 Didn't it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn't the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied to men but to God."
    5 When Ananias heard this, he fell down and died. And great fear seized all who heard what had happened. 6 Then the young men came forward, wrapped up his body, and carried him out and buried him.
    7 About three hours later his wife came in, not knowing what had happened. 8 Peter asked her, "Tell me, is this the price you and Ananias got for the land?"
    "Yes," she said, "that is the price."
    9 Peter said to her, "How could you agree to test the Spirit of the Lord? Look! The feet of the men who buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out also."
    10 At that moment she fell down at his feet and died. Then the young men came in and, finding her dead, carried her out and buried her beside her husband. 11 Great fear seized the whole church and all who heard about these events.

This is all I know at the moment....

Yizuman

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

They'd sooner take back a murderer or a pedophile than they would someone who questions the Faithful Slave authority doctrine, or the blood issue, etc.

Lockstep unity is what the WT values most.

• gumby
    gumby

was curious... how, exactly, does one "sin against the Holy Spirit"?

The watchtower has never given a concise understanding of this subject because of the" two folds "they have.... the Annointed and the Great Crowd. Since the bible mentions that once one has "tasted the heavenly call" or is born of the spirit......then WILLFULLY turns their back on the "calling" or a "dominant feeling" ( as the Watchtower defined it ).....one who is of the Annointed......has commited the unforgivable sin and sinned against the holy spirit.

To avoid pointing the finger at anyone who DOES THIS they simply say......Jehovah has the final say.

This presents a dilema of how the Great Crowd can commit the unforgivable sin. But............they hint at it by those that turn Apostate . As Francois mentioned........this has no connection to the biblical turn of sinning against the Holy Spirit.

Hopes this helps Elsewhere.

Gumby

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

I believe you can be reinstated for just about anything...so long as you've mastered the art of lying.

You can also avoid being DF if you say the right things...regardless of how you feel inside. So much for holy spirit directing the elders huh. Its about how you put yourself across (ie. repentant or not) rather then how you personally feel.

I have seen liars smothered with love and affection by the elders and cong members because of their ability to pull the wool over everyone's eyes.

I used to get sick of hearing 'wait for Jehovah to fix things up...don't go ahead of Jehovah'...bah!!

~Beck~

• gumby
    gumby

I used to get sick of hearing 'wait for Jehovah to fix things up...don't go ahead of Jehovah'...bah!!

Now Beck.....your just an old impatient spiritual scrooge and you know it. You gotta have it right now don't you little MRS. selfish! Good things come to those who wait and if you can't wait little mrs. prissy then you ain't gettin any...........so there!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit