Anyone Ever Reinstated After "Apostacy"?

by ExpandedMind 14 Replies latest jw friends

• ExpandedMind
    ExpandedMind

Good Morning!

I was just wondering if anyone on this site has been reinstated as a JW after having been disfellowhipped or disassociated from the Watchtower Society for "apostasy"?

If so, would you mind telling us what it was like for you to go through the "process" of reinstatement after having "seen the light" <smile!> about the Organization?

Did you try to return because you sincerely felt like you were in "error" or to just to have association again with family and friends?

Does anyone know of a site of "ex-exJWs"?

Have a good day!

ExpandedMind

"The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size." --- Oliver Wendell Holmes

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

I was always told that apostacy was "the unforgivable sin". You couldn't be reinstated even if you wanted too. But yesterday I read the lastest Watchtower and in on of the articles the question was asked "is apostacy an unforgivable sin?" The WBTS reply was something to the effect of "We are not to judge apostates. They will have to answer to Jehovah." This confused me because when I got married, The elders told me if I got married in the mormon chapel that I would be committing the unforgivable sin of apostacy.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Yes It is strange I was told I was just like Korah when they kicked me out-but March of 2002 after being out since 1987 -they came to ask me if I would like to be reinstated????I told you all what I said........Funny they did't reinstate me. I phoned the brother & asked what the dicission was -he was scared & got off the phone said he would call back( didnt) I wrote a letter to GeorgeTown Bethel asking Why I am not reinstated-?Of course I added -I have never been happier since I have left the Borg-but I wanted to cuddle my kids that they are holding hostage....I wonder why they never answered either.????? Can anyone tell me I am puzzelled NOT!!!!!

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I know of one person who started associating again after being declared an "apostate" - she went back only for her family and because she wanted to see her grandchildren. She was able to go through the motions for a few years, until her death.

• onacruse
    onacruse

I was DFd in 1980 for apostasy. Reinstated 1981. I returned for my family, who were and still are all active JWs.

I gave the committee the answers they wanted, phrased in a way that I could live with. E.g., when they asked "Do you believe that the Watchtower Society is God's earthly channel?" I answered "I agree that the Watchtower Society has the authority to determine doctrine for all Jehovah's Witnesses." They bought it. I think they bought it because they wanted to buy it. I don't think they'd buy it today.

I knew the Society was wrong, and never stopped believing that it was wrong. Just didn't have the guts to lose my lifelong community and family.

Craig

• ExpandedMind
    ExpandedMind

Thank you for all your replies.

I was in touch with a sweet sister who left the organization due to "conscience", but was so torn that when approached by a brother about returning (and from what she said he was a very kind and loving person), she decided to go back. But after a short time she found it difficult once again and did leave again.

I think that sites like Mind Shadows can be very helpful for those who are still associated and are struggling with whether to leave or not. Those that don't leave, yet find that they cannot conscientiously support all the WT's teachings, need support to do so. For me, although it took several years for things to sink in enough that I felt I had the strength to depart, my departure was pretty quick. I think if I had had a support systems "within" the organization (in this case via the Internet), I might not have felt so alone in making this decision.

Have a good evening!

ExpandedMind

"The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size." --- Oliver Wendell Holmes

• gumby
    gumby

I was always told that apostacy was "the unforgivable sin".

The unforgivable sin in dubland has always been.....Jehovah only knows if this sin has been commited as the watchtower you quoted says.

In a Question from readers back in the 70's or 80's (can't remember )...the question was posed....."can one of the annointed who has fallen away ever be of the annointed again"? The answer was perhaps. It left the reader with the thought that their spot would be filled when they fell away and it would be a slim chance of recovering that spot unless another fell away to give them a spot again...( God must have exactly 144,000 ya know )

I suppose if I were an elder again I would be leary of any wanting back in. It would depend on the person, the reason for wanting back, what they knew and why they now believe different. If an elder/s were sharp..... ( and a whole lot aren't ), they would probably know if sincerity was there.

As far as ex-ex-JW's sites.....I know of none and doubt there is any. Perhaps a site for the mentally challenged could provide a few

Gumby

• mouthy
    mouthy

Expandedmind. ((((hug))) lovely to e-you after all these years.XX

go to http://www.jwinfoline.com/Page/audio.htm ( my testimony) since you were one that helped me out...........Thanks

& http://ejehovahswitness.homestead.com/exjehovahswitnesses.html

If I was you I would be tempted to go back in- for my kids...I am to old-& I have SO many spiritiual kids now-I love em as much as the fleshly ones I lost ( well nearly as much

• Francois
    Francois

Actually, I thought the unforgiveable sin was "sinning against the Holy Spirit." And I don't think that apostacy comes under that heading.

Of course, when you're dealing with JWs, definitions are quite flexible and can mean one thing today and another thing tomorrow, so you just never know.

francois

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I was curious... how, exactly, does one "sin against the Holy Spirit"?

What does that mean?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit