New JW Interfaith Meeting!

by UnDisfellowshipped 38 Replies latest jw friends

• ISP
    ISP

Could do with knowing whether the dub is on officially sanctioned business!

ISP

• LDH
    LDH

RUN, MAEVE!!!!

Save yourself!!!

Lisa

• Room 215
    Room 215

Maeve, you've gotta stifle those conciliatory, tolerant impulses before they destroy you!

Re Ozzie's observation re political activism and JWs, some of you may recall- I certainly do-- JWs doing some placard carrying and demonstrating in Brooklyn, militating against, I believe, an adverse ruling on expansion/conversion of WTBTS buildings in Brooklyn's Brooklyn Heights, site of the Watchotower headquarters and a ``historical preservation zone.'' It was during the mayoralty of Ed Koch, and one anecdote had it that, upon observing the crowd, Mayor Koch quipped to an aide ``They don't have a snowball's chance in hell; all those marchers and not a single vote among them!"

Whatever high-sounding rhetoric they employ to rationalize their actions, the boys in Brooklyn/Patterson have shown that their ``inviolable" principles can be remarkably pliable when it comes to money or self-interest. France and the brouhaha about the Society's tax liabilities, I believe, furnishes another example of JWs taking to the streets to defend their assets.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Maybe Maeve is doing this by himself without consent from the up-state N.Y. Sheesh! He could get DF'd!!! Somebody email him that he is associating with the Babylon the Great!!! Even the Mormons are not participating in this.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Mayor Koch quipped to an aide ``They don't have a snowball's chance in hell; all those marchers and not a single vote among them!"

LMAO! So true!

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

Ok everyone knows here that this is more of The WTBS courting the devil because as Nathan Natas pointed out, this is not only an "ecumenical" meeting in the sanctuary of one of Babylon's churches, it is also a thinly-disguised political meeting.

The other thing I noticed is Maeve is a womans name! This would be more trying to look like the world. As if JW woman are treated equal to JW men!! Not a sister is trained for a talk at the podium! Is she going to be sitting in at a table with a mock householder describing JW methods of promoting peace?

Also, will OlMaeve be wearing a head covering while she speaks..or is her head shaven? (1 Corinthians 11)

The WTBS forever continues to dig their graves!

If anyone attends and takes pictures I want to see!

Thanks for posting this UnDissed!

And your article is really good to Rado http://www.watchtowerinformationservice.org/omni.htm

Ciao 4 now ,

U_R

• rocketman
    rocketman

Hmmm, maybe I will try joining another religion.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I spoke to a public information dude at Bethel, and he said they're looking into it, and that maybe it wasn't REALLY an interfaith kind of thing. LOL!!

Then I sent an email to jbennet:

Subject: Question about tonight's meeting
    Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 11:59:33 -0800
    To: [email protected]

Hello J. Bennet,

I noticed in today's news (online) an article from "The Morning News" (Arkansas News) titled, "Religious Leaders To Describe Traditions Of Peace."

One thing about the article struck me as VERY odd - that one of the participants, a person named Maeve Courteau, will be "representing the Jehovah's Witnesses," according to the article.

Is this true?

If so, may I ask what Maeve Courteau's credentials as a "leader" of Jehovah's Witnesses might be?

You may be interested to learn that according to the official website of the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society (the legal entity of Jehovah's Witnesses), "A Christian must have no part in interfaith movements 2 Cor. 6:14-17, 2 Cor. 11:13-15, Gal. 5:9, Deut. 7:1-5 "

You can check this for yourself at: http://www.watchtower.org/library/br78/article_03.htm

I can't help thinking that Maeve Couteau is either a phony, a renegade, or an apostate from the faith of Jehovah's Witnesses. You may want to check into this more deeply.

Best wishes,

- xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So much shit to stir, so little time; after all, Armageddon is right around the corner!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Naa-Naa Naa-Naa Booo Booo!

Somebody's gonna get in trouble!

• tazmaniac
    tazmaniac

It is amazing to think that they would be a part of an interfaith meeting. I know in years past Witnesses were invited to join in those kinds of things and if anyone even thought they could join in on something like that they were looked down upon as weak and bordering on stumbling others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit