JWS Start New Religious Club

by Voyager 14 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• acsot
    acsot

Gopher said:

If people's faith would be shaken by a few visits to the Internet, then it's really not much of a faith at all now, is it?
    I always thought to myself that the truth should stand on its own, the "truth" being what the WTS taught as I believed at the time. Well, guess what? It didn't! Surprise, surprise! What a fragile house of cards and what totalitarian rules are needed to keep it from falling down.
  • Dia
    Dia

How did they fail to post that a JW was recently beheaded in the Philippines and that several more are being held hostage?

• wednesday
    wednesday

if u go to the site (btt) and click on the link and then click on "religious freedoms" it will take u to the site i linked to in above post. It is sponsored by a "love spells " type thing. It leads u to all sorts of unusaul stuff. wonder if they know that.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I pasted this from their list of words : -

"

apostate, apostasy
    One who has rebelled against and abandoned the
    {true worship} of Jehovah. Sometimes apostates actively oppose true worship and attempt to influence others to do the same. <<Some apostates were trying to hand out leaflets at our {convention} last week.>> An act or particular case of apostate behavior is called apostasy. (2Th 2:3)

NOTE: Apostates are persons who were once among us, walking in the Truth, not merely outsiders who oppose it. They usually know our beliefs, terminology, and organizational ways quite well.

Apostates tend to seek out unwary Witnesses and engage them in dialogue. Often they were once fine people with an extensive

{Truth} background. But they tend to be proud of their independent intellectual accomplishments. <<Based on several years of deep research, careful study, and profound meditation I have concluded blah blah blah ...>> They will claim support for their ideas from others who are supposedly pillars in the Truth. <<I know numerous people, including elders, who agree with me that blah blah blah ...>> They will flatter the listener while speaking condescendingly of Witnesses in general. <<I realize that most Witnesses wouldn't understand; but I realize that you are by no means average, but are truly open-minded.>> The speaker condescendingly suggests that most Witnesses are simple, unpretentious, and unsophisticated, but is implying that for the most part we are a bunch of dopes.

Willing association with true apostates, whether in person, by reading their literature, or engaging in electronic debate across the Internet, is itself apostate behavior, and therefore potentially a

{disfellowshipping offense} , in addition to being extremely dangerous and outright stupid. It should be avoided entirely.
  • borgfree
    borgfree

Or how about this one?

garage sale, yard sale
    A sale of personal household items and clothing set up in a homeowner's driveway or front yard. These are common on weekend mornings in urban areas where there are many houses and good weather. Satan uses these to interrupt a brother's field service plans if he happens to be out with his wife or daughter. Of course, it is acceptable to stop for a sale if they are selling tools or sporting equipment.

Are these people joking? Can they really be serious?

Borgfree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit