JWS Start New Religious Club

by Voyager 14 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Voyager
    Voyager

Good morning everybody, you all may have already seen this web, but I found that it was hidden behind another one. The jws have got themselves a little club going on, with terms of agreement and the whole scoop. Check out http://jehovah.to/general/nazi/ when you get there, click on home. Check out all the links there.

They are calling themselves Jehovah's Witness United, and well you can judge for yourself.

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Looks like a very interesting site, thanks Voyager, good work

Heaps of stuff in there

• Debz
    Debz

Hmmm..very interesting Voyager.....

• Gopher
    Gopher

Don't these people at Jehovah.TO know that the Internet is not a place for loyal JW's to be discussing religion? They're rebelling against Brooklyn by printing these pro-WT apologetics.

JW's and people interested in them are only supposed to suck at the nipple of their spiritual mother in Brooklyn. In internet-land, the ONLY safe place for a loyal JW is www.watchtower.org.

This Jehovah.to site rails against the writings of Jerry Bergman. Is it proper for loyal JW's to engage in debate with its critics?

What did their Kingdom Ministry say? When did JW's get permission to start writing independent works defending the Watchtower organization? This site is the result of "independent thinking" and will surely lead to Jehovah's disfavor upon its authors.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

So either way it's wrong, you mean? If they comply with official rule, they are dumb bastards not able to think for themselves, and if they do something individually, they are dumb bastards not knowing what is good for them and not REAL Witnesses?

• Gopher
    Gopher

I don't really care what JW's as individuals do. My post was lampooning the Governing Body for making stifling rules. It is so ridiculous the lack of freedom they impose, even as to performing simple research in places like the Internet.

If people's faith would be shaken by a few visits to the Internet, then it's really not much of a faith at all now, is it?

Not all JW's are "dumb bastards" -- I wasn't name-calling here, just pointing out an irony.

• wednesday
    wednesday

http://www.religioustolerance.org/brain_wa.htm

i hope this workd as a hyper link. Note the site is sponsered by a "love spell kit" and other items for "spells"(at bottom of page)

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    So either way it's wrong, you mean? If they comply with official rule, they are dumb bastards not able to think for themselves, and if they do something individually, they are dumb bastards not knowing what is good for them and not REAL Witnesses?

Yeah, that's pretty much the size of it.

Because what's really dumb is belonging to an organization that tells you what to think and how to think in the first place. When you're in that situation, there's no way to win. If you just comply, then you've lost your individuality and given up your right to think for yourself. But if you do think for yourself, then you've already broken faith with the very organization you claim to support, and so you are a hypocrite. These people who set up a web site defending the Watchtower's teachings are violating the Watchtower's rules in doing so.

The irony results, not from some imagined double standard being applied by those posting here, but from the totalitarian nature of the organization. There really is no way for JW's to win.

• Englishman
    Englishman
    They are calling themselves Jehovah's Witness United

Umm....someone ought to tell 'em that the only UK names that have "United" tagged onto the end is the names of some of our soccer teams!

I can see it now: Manchester United 607, Jehovahs Witnesses United 0.

Englishman.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Englishman,

Shame for posting a false score!! Everyone knows 607 is not supported by historical facts. Oh you can try to obtain it by trickery and "weeks of years" tomfoolery, but we are not fooled!

We know the actual score is: Manchester United 586, JWU nil.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit