I Made it Through Hell Week

by Robdar 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Robdar
    Robdar

I did it. I made it through my first week without a cigarette. It still seems odd that a cigarette is no longer the first thing I think of when I wake up. This is the first time it has happened in 20 years. You should see my skin. It glows. I really think that I am through with nicotine this time. I want to thank you for the fabulous support that you all have given me throughout the week. Thank you for the love.

Many blessings,

Robyn

• Prisca
    Prisca

((((((((((robdar))))))))))

Congratulations!! I've never been a smoker but I am aware of how hard it is to quit. You go girl! Keep it up, we'll be here to support you!

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

((((((((((Robdar!!!!))))))))))

I'm just soooooooooooooooooo proud of ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,

Esther

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    I did it. I made it through my first week without a cigarette.

That IS saying a lot!

Congrats and keep it up!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

It's 4:30 and I can't sleep.

Congratulations Robyn! The worst is behind you.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Well done, Robdar!

Watch out for the temptation to think that you can try one because you've cracked it now!

Englishman.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Prisca, Estee, Plmkrzy, Dantheman,

Thank you all for your support.

Love yas,

Robyn

• blondie
    blondie

Congratulations, Robyn. The first few weeks are so hard because besides the psychological pull, your body is physically throwing off so much. I can remember one friend complaining of having mouth sores so bad she almost gave up. So hang in there. And if you should give in for just a moment and take a puff, don't give up. Three members of my non-JW family have quit in the last 2 years successfully. My friends at AA say that quitting cigarettes was harder than quitting drinking.

Keep up the good work!

Blondie

• onacruse
    onacruse

((Robyn))

You go girl!

Craig

• Navigator
    Navigator

Robyn

I smoked for 30 years before I finally gave it up about 17 years ago. I know what you are going through. I dreamed I was smoking for almost a year. You will be amazed at how much better you feel. Your really good friends will tell you how much better you smell. Congratulations! Hang in there. Everyday you don't smoke is a major victory.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit