New edition of APOCALYPSE DELAYED

by panhandlegirl 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

A new Third Edition of APOCALYPSE DELAYED has been released. This may already have been discussed or may be old news but I just saw it on YouTube. Mr Penton, the author, says he has included jws attempt to deal with 1914 and their new light on the Governing Body being Faithful and Discreet Slave in this new edition. He gives credit to Barbara Anderson for her help with research on the book. Supposed to be a great book of jw history.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

I really need to read that book. Thanks for the update.

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

I read the earlier editions and I will read this. Everyone should. I also recommend Schulz and de Vienne's Separate Identity. It focuses on a much narrower time period and only volume 1 is in publication, but the research is stellar and eye-opening.

http://www.lulu.com/shop/b-w-schulz/a-separate-identity-organizational-identity-among-readers-of-zions-watch-tower-1870-1887/paperback/product-21546337.html

• Old Goat
    Old Goat
    See video below
  • Old Goat
  • never a jw
    never a jw
    If I want objective and scholarly writing, Penton is my favorite author. My only issue is that the price of his other book dealing with JW's in Germany is still very expensive (around $45.00). I found a copy in the library, but it's only for consultation.
  • Old Goat
    Old Goat
    Have you tried addall.com? or bookfinder.com? Might be cheaper.
  • never a jw
    never a jw

Thanks old goat,

Most places in the bookfinder.com want $60 dollars or more. I only found two places under 30.00. Not a great deal for a used book, but I had waited too long. I am now waiting for its arrival.

Thanks

• Magnum
    Magnum
    Thank you. I did not know about the new edition.
  • panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

Old Goat:

Thanks for the info on Separate Identity. Will read it. I wonder if Pastor Russell was really sincere in his belief because I don't think this governing body is sincere.I think they are just a ruthless business enterprise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit