WHAT IS THE MOST PAINFUL FORM OF BETRAYAL?

by Derrick 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Derrick
    Derrick

When those who claim to speak for God turn out to be liars.

Is this the MOST painful one-line response to that question in the subjectline, or can you think of something even more painful in one sentence or less?

Derrick

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

When a mother chooses dirty old men in Brooklyn over her own child

Edited by - StinkyPantz on 13 January 2003 3:21:43

• Scully
    Scully

That's probably near the top Derrick....

but what about this one:

When someone you love - a spouse or child - dies because you were told that it was wrong to let them have blood (or an organ transplant, if you want a "real" situation)..... and then later have "new light" that would have made it ok for them to have accepted it?

Love, Scully

edited to add this scan - how will their parents, family members and friends feel when blood transfusions are permitted?

Edited by - Scully on 13 January 2003 9:4:12

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Scully I was telling my husband this just last night, although it is not the first time we have talked about it.......if they changed the blood issue and made it alright... how I would feel.

First if one of my kids had died,,,,,,,,,we faced it 3 times , down to the wire, signing my life away and those of the unborn babies at the time,,,,,,,,,I go freakin' INSANE with guilt for trusting the WT.

I am lucky,,,,,, because my children did not die,,,,,, even thou in my heart I know I did accept the fact that me and the babies would die together and we would be remembered by Jehovah in paradise, I still get sick thinking about it.

I would have done ANYTHING the WT told me to.......... I did,,,,,, I went right along with the blood issue even thou I didnt understand it , even with all their scriptures. They say you can accept this fraction of blood but not that fraction.....bla bla bla......... God is now saying it is ok to take this part of the blood??? I started to see this was bullcrap. You either take it all, or non whatsoever at all.

When my last baby was born a premmie,,,,,,,, I was going to give him blood if he needed it,,,,,, I never told my husband this,,,,,, but I was ready to face getting d/f for a few years and still have my baby.Later my hubby told me he was thinking the same thing.

My story on that came out with a happy ending.

But I still am heartbroken of all the lives lost because of this blood issue. And if they go and change it ,,,,,,,,,new light you know,,,,,,,, how are the faithful JW's who did sacrifice a loved one , going to feel? How are they going to get past the hurt all over again,,, the guilt, the anger? I truly feel for them if that happens.

That is why the JW's are so destructive,,,,,,, they are causing people their lives.They don' t give a hoot for all those that gave their lives for standing up for the blood issue. Sure they put their pictures on a magazine cover,,,,,, but they don't know them, they don't feel the real pain of death. And I am sure even the faithful JW who makes this choice for their children,,have a heavey burden put on their shoulders. Something that the WT is doing , has done, that is cruel, and in my opinion evil.

• onacruse
    onacruse

The most painful for me:

When I betrayed myself about those who claim to speak for God even though I knew they were liars.

I ignored the voice of my conscience for 20 years.

Craig

Edited by - onacruse on 13 January 2003 4:7:42

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

When those who claim to love you abuse you.

• Shakita
    Shakita

ANYONE who abuses your trust.

When trust is lost in someone or something, you can never fully get it back.

Mrs. Shakita

• Englishman
    Englishman

I think maybe it's when you betray yourself.

I recall snubbing my best friend just after he'd been DF'd. I knew straight away that it was wrong to do that, sending anyone to Coventry without knowing the reason why is most unjust IMHO.

Englishman.

• Southland
    Southland

To me, the most difficult is when you find out that someone you love has deliberately and willfully lied and deceived you.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Southland, you are so right! You described my best friend of 15 years. . . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit