Uh-oh, the elders want to pay us a visit!!

by BeautifulMind 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

Beautifulmind: " We both had the heart drop feeling for a few minutes lol."

Your kidding, right? Ok, good. I would tell them to go make a call on Sister Widow or a needy Pioneer brother in the hall instead because we are fine, thank you.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

When the elders called and said they wanted to have a "shepherding call" I politely, but firmly, said I wouldn't be interested in that, but if they would be so good as to help me reconcile with a "still-in" family member that shuns me I would appreciate that.

The elder said he'd get back to me on that. It's been about six months. I'm still waiting for him to get back to me.

Let's just say I'm not holding my breath.

• Heaven
    Heaven
    I would ask them specifically why they want to meet with you. Do not let them obfuscate this. And I agree with Smiddy. If you ever do meet with them ensure it is recorded and your lawyer is present.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

Tell them that you are having financial problems or need some help with some heavy duty project around your home. You will never hear from them again!

Great response on your part. You owe them NOTHING!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Anyone find it ironic that people in the inquisition at least had a discussion about ideas and concepts, rather that strict loyalty tests. Just read about Galileo. Even though it was stacked against him, he was able to face his accusers and have an intellectual discourse, the evidence still being a matter of record, half a millennium later.

No doubt, crap happened, but ideas were discussed, not just suppressed in some cases. No option for that among JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit