List your favorite, overused scripture by JW's!

by thedepressedsoul 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

"Every house is built be someone but he that created all things is god" Heb 3:4

A puerile illustration that is supposed to refute the cornerstone of biology. 

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

They overuse the bible, actually. What they teach is only similar to some of the bible for their convenience.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I would have to say Isa.43:10-12

You are my witnesses is the utterance of  jehovah etc.etc.,

especially when the G.B. acknowledged in the" Aid To Bible Understanding" printed by the WTB&TS . that the name jehovah may not be the proper pronunciation of Gods name , however that was the  most  accepted popular name at that time .

So they have gone along with  chriistian tradition as per a catholic spanish monk of the 13 teenth  century who added a few vowels to come up with the mistranslation JHVH . where in all accuracy it should have read YHWH  which more accurately corresponds to his name /

And who was this name most popular with  ?  Christendom of course , and according to watchtower theology christendom is apostate religion , the foremost part of babylon the great to be destroyed at Armageddon

smiddy

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze
    Hebrews 10:25 which apparently means we have to meet so many times a week or we are weak.
  • OneDayillBeFree
    OneDayillBeFree
    The one where Jesus tells the disciples to leave if they want but then they ask him "where else will we go?" And Jesus is all like "damn straight! You ain't going nowhere bitches!!" And then they party like its 1914.
  • Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

My favorite scripture underused by the WT but sometimes overused by JWs is Proverbs 31:6-7

Give alcohol to those who are perishing
    And wine to those in bitter distress.
    Let them drink and forget their poverty
    Let them remember their trouble no more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit