Who joined another religion

by JH 14 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

How many of you out there joined another religion, since leaving the watchtower?

Edited by - JH on 11 January 2003 20:38:28

• yumbby
    yumbby

Since leaving the org, I have become more spiritual and less religious. I would now say I'm an agnostic. I believe organized religion has caused more harm in this world than any other single thing.

• auntiem
    auntiem

Ditto Yumbby!

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

Same here! I have become more spiritual, but I am staying far far away from any type of organized religion. I am happy believing that there is a higher power and that my heart is in the right place. I don't feel as if I need any religion directing my own spirituality.

Edited by - Lost Diamond on 11 January 2003 21:52:17

• reporter
    reporter

Ditto Cloned!

"Religion is a snare and a racket"

---Guess Who Quotable Quote.

my quote

"Religion is STILL a snare and a racket!"

Even if, even after, even still, ev--enough! Nuff said.

• Liquidizer
    Liquidizer

I joined in a local Unitarian Universalist group. It is not an official church but an association. The reason for that arrangement is that there are members who want to maintain their relationships good in some other religions, too. To me this religion is merely a hobby and I don't take it as seriously as I took JW religion. Despite of that I am UUSF's Secretary, accounts keeper and webmaster (see the fruits of my work at http://www.netlife.fi/users/antti.pelkola/uu/). I also take part in conducting the meetings. Last time I played a meditation cd (sounds from a fireplace recorded) and read some poems or lyrics and after that all those who wanted lighted a candle while dedicating it according to their wishes to the things they wanted. After the lighting of the candles I played a spiritual song from cd and the meeting continued on with free discussion. I did all I could to avoid that boredom which was present at the JW meetings and I managed to succeed according the responses I got.

liq

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Methinks the question should be re-phrased "Who joined another organisation?" rather than religion.

Mrs Ozzie and I declare a faith in God and His Word, with Jesus as our Lord i.e. we're Christians. That's the be-all and end-all.

We attend churches but not out of giving our allegiance, as in the second baptism question of the Dubs, but for association and worship.

I would suggest that asking "Who joined another religion?" still betrays a Dub mindset IMHO.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Liquidizer
    Liquidizer

What it comes to my religious or spiritual point of view, I'm agnostic-universalist-unitarian-christian. This order is not very strict and it may change over the passage of time. Veganism also appeals to me even though I don't consider myself as one.

liq

• Gordy
    Gordy

For the past two years I have attended an Elim Pentecostal church here in England.

My son and daughter are also attending now as well.

Never felt so free and closer to God now, than in all my 30 years as a JW.

The people are a joy to be with.

• MYOHNSEPH
    MYOHNSEPH

No more for me, thanks! A "relgion" is just an opinion, with a lot of formality and ritual attached. And you know what they say opinions are like! Everybody's got one and one's enough for me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit