Counsellor needed please!

by stuckinarut2 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

Stuckinarut, I was going to share some information about my my healing process from severe, recurrent clinical depression and anxiety which included Dialectical Behavior therapy, Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ACT is a therapy similar to EMDR for Post-traumatic Stress Disorder which eliminates distress from flashbacks; it does work!), mindfulness meditation, tai chi and qigong. I Typed DBT Legitimate Rights into Google. I was very surprised, if not shocked to see that AAWA made available to the public an article that I wrote for them in their early beginnings as a closed group. 

Well, since it's out there anyway, here's the link. I hope it helps in some small way. You may be surprised to see that the WT organization takes away every one of our Legitimate Rights!

http://aawa.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/AAWA-Recovery-Self-Care-Tips.pdf

I have since been exploring Buddhist Psychology and am seeing a Buddhist therapist. I find his insights profoundly helpful. I will always have PTSD, but I am no longer depressed and am not taking any prescription drugs for anxiety or depression. It can and does get better!

• Fringie
    Fringie

Hi Sail away, thanks so much for the link to your article, I found it really helpful. I’ve put it on my favourites list to refer back to regularly.

Xxxoooxxx

• Sail Away
    Sail Away
    Fringie8 hours ago

Hi Sail away, thanks so much for the link to your article, I found it really helpful. I’ve put it on my favourites list to refer back to regularly.

Xxxoooxxx

Fringie, thanks for posting! It's good to know that my experience can be of help to another struggling Ex-JW. I have received immeasurable help from the Ex-JW community, and it feels good to give back. 

• Fringie
    Fringie

@ Sail Away

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Wow!

Thankyou all very much for your interest in this thread.

Thanks too for your comments, suggestions and offers to pm. This kind of support is very much appreciated and valued.

I will indeed take all into consideration as I progress in this road to recovery and breaking free from the grasp of the org.

As a side point, it was so revealing on the meeting night of my "no longer an MS" announcement, that I was flooded with well wishers and supportive comments!

This came from the very idiots out for my head as well as the general cong.

I found it so funny to see that those elders that nurtured grudges , gossiped and slandered me with garbage, and fuelled my 'deletion' , now act like my "best friends"!

Such duplicity...... Makes me sick.....

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Hmm interesting. Is this the new direction for treatment of "deleted" servants and elders, do you think?

• erbie
    erbie

I'll have to be quick because I'm tired but I would highly recommend a course of CBT because it concentrates on the here and now with a view to moving forward rather than revisiting the past (although the past is crucial). I just couldn't believe what I dicovered about myself, the way my mind works and the reasons why I became tangled up in the Watchtower cult and indeed why people feel the need to do the things they do. 

For me it was a revelation!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit