Divorce advice anyone?

by FreeWilly 11 Replies latest social family

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

Funny Diamond.. my ex was the same way! She would fume if another girl payed me ANY attention what so ever. I took that as reassurance that she was also conservative about flirting. Silly me.

Well We have actually been apart for the past 11 months so my decision to go through with a divorce doesn't really hurt. Actually its a relief to me at this point.

The only sad part is that my JW Parents - who are already fretting over my departure from the 'troof' are probably going to further isolate and shun me. They are raising my nephew who looks up to me like GOD. They have already made comments to the effect of "protecting" him. Oh well I've gotten used to that too.

As the obnoxious Eminem song goes..... "I'm cleaning out my closet"

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

The only sad part is that my JW Parents - who are already fretting over my departure from the 'troof' are probably going to further isolate and shun me. They are raising my nephew who looks up to me like GOD. They have already made comments to the effect of "protecting" him. Oh well I've gotten used to that too.

FreeWilly,

That brings back memories of when I divorced my JW husband. My JW parents were also fretting my departure from the Borg. I was soooo afraid of their betrayal!! I explained in detail the hurt my Ex was causing me and how it was destroying me, and how I hoped they would still love me. This seemed to help, as they appeared to be more understanding. Maybe if you have a heart-to-heart talk with them....do you think this would help?

It's very painful to loose the support of our families. At the same time, it's important to be true to ourselves and listen to that intuitive voice inside of us...it's usually right! Maybe in time your family members will come around. In the meantime, you need to take care of YOU. That is what's truely important.

You mentioned you have been separated 11 months. All I can say is GOOD FOR YOU!! You have made it this far, and it sounds like it has been a positive move for you. That alone tells you something....it's time to move on!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit