Another annointed disfelowshipped for showing love

by poopie 24 Replies latest jw friends

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

hey there's a vacant spot in heaven now....maybe i will join the ever growing 144,000.

wow who would of thunk, me anointed?

and when i get to be part of the great GB...i promise candy, popcorn and coke in the cafe every friday!!!!

Please vote for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    You can't get DF for associating with another DF person, just any privileges you have are removed.
  • Stealth
    Stealth

You can't get DF for associating with another DF person, just any privileges you have are removed.

Don't believe that is true. Didn't Ray Franz get DF for associating with a DA person who also was his employer at the time?

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

Poopie,

That sounds just like a bs story full of holes. Get your facts straight.

SL

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

notsurewheretogo - "You can't get DF for associating with another DF person..."

Partly true.

First, like you said, you get privileges removed as a warning... if it keeps happening, then you get private reproof... then public reproof... then you're disfellowshipped.

You were an elder, you should know this.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    Partly true.
    First, like you said, you get privileges removed as a warning... if it keeps happening, then you get private reproof... then public reproof... then you're disfellowshipped.
    You were an elder, you should know this.

Agree it is partly true, only because there is elder discretion here.

You could get disfellowshipped for it if the elders pursue the only charge that relates to this which would be "Brazen Conduct" and only if they were either critical of the disfellowshipping or were having spiritual association in the form of worship.

In my experience I counselled many dubs on associating with DF ones, some repeatedly over many years but we never disfellowshipped them for it.

The elders hand book states on page 116 paragraph 6:

If members of the congregation are known to have undue association with disfellowshipped or disassociated relatives who are not in the household elders should counsel and reason with those members of the congregation from the Scriptures.

Review with them information from the "God's Love book, pages 207-208; The Watchtower of April 151 1988, pages 26-30; or the article "Display Christian Loyalty When a Relative Is Disfellowshipped in the August 2002 Our Kingdom Ministry.

If it is clear that a Christian is violating the spirit of the disfellowshipping decree in this regard and does not respond to counsel, it may be that he would not qualify for congregation privileges, which require one to be exemplary.

He would not be dealt with judically unless there is persistent spiritual association or he openly criticizes the disfellowshipping decision.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    Forgot to add at the bottom thus just associating with a DF person will not qualify being disfellowhsipped yourself unless you speak out about the disfellowshipping or you engage in spiritual associating with them...which the OP that mentions the anointed brother was in fact actually doing.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Amazing. Elders are allowed to speak to DF'd ones.

This goes to (anecdotally), show that it's the biggest bully on the BOE that wins every time.

The biggest bully was probably jealous that the other elder was 'anointed(tm)' and bully wasn't.

A man's organisation to the core. No love. Filled with ego and hatred from the top filtering down.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    Amazing. Elders are allowed to speak to DF'd ones.

Yes but only to ask them back to return to meetings so they can prove their repentance and any study must be approved by the body of elders that the elder does this with the DF dub.

This anointed elder I presume did not do that, he was simply studying with him, a form of spiritual association.

But you are right, the bigger bullies always win, I was part of a body with a COBE that was so full of himself it was unbelievable. I challenged him on many an occasion...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    notsure - I was part of a body with a COBE that was so full of himself it was unbelievable.

Ditto. On more than one occasion too. The last one was a complete pig. He used to march around with his nose in the air.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit