JW org: all take and no give?

by Half banana 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

I can only reflect upon the wise words spoken nigh on 80 years ago that have proved timelessly true:

"Religion is a snare and a racket" (Joseph "Judge" Rutherford, Watchtower President 1916 - 1942).

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Half banana:

"...then there is the shameless raiding of family inheritances plus other sundry monies gifted to them."

Jesus to the Pharisees:

“You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions! 10 For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and mother,’ and, ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’ 11 But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is Corban (that is, devoted to God)— 12 then you no longer let them do anything for their father or mother. 13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.” - Mark 7:9-13 New International Version

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"I assume that even the poorest congs in the third world buy literature at the same volume and price as the richer ones do but are they able to pay the pledged amount at $200 p/m? "

You must be joking. In countries where people are lucky to make 1$ a day per family, close to nothing is donated. Their KHs are sponsored by the wealthier countries. Again, generalizations based on wealthy, white congregations or areas are worthless. I live in an economically average, racially mixed area - in the Western world - and the monthly donation all included is some 400$.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit