JW org: all take and no give?

by Half banana 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Half banana
    Half banana

Just a thought here, prompted by Oppostates’ thread on magazine money owed to the org.

If an average congregation coughs up $3500 per year just on mags alone... and there are 114,416 congs world-wide; that would mean that JW suckers are feeding the ravenous maw of the org by $400,456,000 (heading towards half a billion Dollars) each year. This does not include other literature, or ...money so cleverly pledged in perpetuity for KHs that the punters will never own even if they pay for them and build them, not to mention the vast income from property appreciation and major stock investments... and then there is the shameless raiding of family inheritances plus other sundry monies gifted to them.

We must be talking here about a billion Dollars a year and rising, that the Jdubs themselves are giving, (it was revealed to be a touch short of one billion Dollars income back in 2003).

Isn’t that enough money to satisfy even the greediest tax-exempt cult who produces the highest print run of the world’s most unreadable and unread magazines?

Who needs money if you REALLY believed Armageddon was on the doorstep?

What does this tell us about the WTBTS?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Oubliette would say :Let's review; it's a cult.

They obviously have NO divine backing or they wouldn't need to keep on the ear 'ole.

The leaders are worthy only of the electric chair and are gluttonous, overstuffed power hungry pigs (I'm playing this down, aren't I?!?!)

If ol' Charlie Rissole was right, it's time the WBT$ admitted that Jehovah(tm) isn't blessing their work and they should give up.

• blondie
    blondie

It is hard to know what cash the WTS has, free cash, not tied up in investments or property. Does anyone know the complete operating budget worldwide of the WTS. Whether anything is going back into investments that earn money? I worked with facilities management and budget for 29 large institutions and I can tell you that after the building is built, then the money starts really being spent on the operations.

Have the investments that hit the bottom in 2007 in the WTS as well, recovered? The WTS will have to consolidate more, perhaps selling off Wallkill and Patterson. Now that would be a story for them to spin.

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    That $3500 number is way off. Our hall sends in about $1000 a month to the WWW plus 200 for the new fund. I would say that our hall is very average.
  • Half banana
    Half banana

I wanted to play it conservatively showing what the org gets just from the mags ...but if your cong is representative Iggy, and all congs send in cash to the society at your amount that would make (1200x 12= 14,400 per year per congregation ( x 114,416 congos) = $1,646,590,400. That means aside from investments, interest and shameless raiding family inheritances, they can expect donations of over one and a half billion Dollars.

This means it is looking more like heading for the two billion Dollar mark when all is added in.

Has anyone got hold of the operating figures as Blondie asks...has anyone further insight into average congregation literature and other donations?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

We must be talking here about a billion Dollars a year and rising, that the Jdubs themselves are giving, (it was revealed to be a touch short of one billion Dollars income back in 2003).

What does this tell us about the WTBTS?

WatchTowers "acronym" is Spelled Wrong..

...............It`s WBT$..

http://rs530.pbsrc.com/albums/dd343/bproctor0901/dancingdollar.gif~c200

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

How did $3500/cong/month = almost 1/2 Billion, but $1200/cong/month = 1.5 Billion.

Doc

• Half banana
    Half banana

Cos £3500 per year x no of congs (114,416) is the amount of WT income from magazines only based on one cong. Iggy's comment is that his congregation gives $1200 per month ($14,400 per year) from all literature and including "pledged" money.

I wonder if this is representative of donations and literature payments for the average congregation?

I assume that even the poorest congs in the third world buy literature at the same volume and price as the richer ones do but are they able to pay the pledged amount at $200 p/m?

• BashfulAshG
    BashfulAshG
    It might be a cult. Plain and simple.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

I regularly remember something Dogpatch once said; that a good church meets it's members' "primal needs".

The very first time I read that, it really resonated with me and felt like such obvious common sense. I immediately realized afterward that the WTS did not do this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit