The Pain of my Daughter

by LeslieV 17 Replies latest jw friends

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

My oldest daughter wrote this to her father to show her pain of his choosing his religion over her. Of course, once he read the letter he told her he has just choosen Jehovah. She wanted me to share this with all of you, and especially if there are any JW's that are lurking on this board, to show what a child feels when religion is more important than your children.

Dear Daddy;

I have always wanted to express my extreme anguish towards you. I have always wanted you to know how you took a piece of me with you when you left. Now I am half-empty without you and I can not replace it no matter what I try. I write letters to you at least once a day to try and explain who I am, and hope you can fill in the rest. I dream that you are still holding my hand, and calling me your, "California Shunshine." Why did you lie? Why did you tell me you cared? Why did you forget me? You said I was a part of you, you said you cared. Why did you choose RELIGION over me? Am I really as bad as they say, Daddy? Have I ever really hurt anyone, or inflicted intentional pain? Are you justified in your decision to pick a new family and forget your last? Did I do it Daddy; did I make you leave? I hate looking in the mirror and seeing your face. I hate knowing that sometimes I act like you. I hate thinking that I am part of someone who gives ujp, and chooses to lie and contradict. I am embarrassed to think that you are ashamed of me because I am not what you wanted me to be. I am sorry that you could never be the Father I wanted you to be. I hope this eases my mind and pain and shows you a differerent light.

Sincerely,

Your Daughter

• Lin
    Lin

(((((((((Leslie and daughter))))))))) I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. And it's so typical that the response was that he simply chose Jehovah, I've heard that soooo many times. My family always takes the stance that I left THEM, not the other way around. To JW's, the religion is who they ARE, not just a part of who they are. For JW's, you can't have one without the other, it's all or nothing. My heart goes out to you both.

• shera
    shera

OH MY! That is sad....give her a hug from me.

Ticks me off that the WTS,can cause families to break up.Being a father is suppose to be a God given job and he's not doing that,is he?sounds a bit like my first daughter's father.(Hes a JW and he left behind his family and his wife feels most of the time she has no husband.)

Edited by - shera on 10 January 2003 8:49:31

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Anybody can become a father, but it takes a real man to be a Daddy. He is the biggest loser. All of them who have given away their own children for this cult, should be lined up and shot for the pain they have inflicted. And they do it with a SMUGNESS and HAUGHTINESS about them that makes me want to slap them all. Chose Jehovah indeed. No GOD would allow this atrocity between family members except the Witchtrowel Gawd who has a STONE heart. Tell your baby girl that millions of EXJWs out here, love her and share her pain.

• ugg
    ugg

oh god how awful..........just beyond words......deeply grieved you are going through this...

• JH
    JH
    Why did you choose RELIGION over me?

One who does that has no heart

The religion that orders that has no heart

• Shakita
    Shakita

LeslieV:

((((((hugs to you and your family)))))

So many families experiencing the pain of the WT's organizational policy to shun and disfellowship its members. The children are the unseen victims in this horrible game the WT is playing. My hope is that all these poor children who are aching to have a loving relationship with their parents, siblings.... will remember to tell everyone how the WTBS has ruined their lives and the lives of many families who once were part of their religion organization. I say use their own words against them....

Advertise, Advertise, Advertise about the WT and how it destroys families with its shunning and disfellowshipping policy.

It is just damn criminal!

Take care.

Mrs. Shakita

• Francois
    Francois

Yesireeeeee, that's the kinda stuff the Infinite Father, the creator of all the wonders of life in the universe of universes, the center and source of all we call real, of whom Paul said, "God is Love" wants from HIS people. To be cold and uncaring about their own children. To abandon them to live a life of confused sorrow. Yep, that's him alright.

In a pig's eye.

Show me where this is any different from, say, Islam where father's watch while an erring daughter is decapitated for sinning against Allah. In fact, tell me the difference between Allah and Jehovah. Betcha can't do it.

(Oh, and before you start, keep in mind that I was a JW in good standing for 25 years, so don't attempt any of your JW double-talk on me.)

francois

• out4good3
    out4good3
    it's so typical that the response was that he simply chose Jehovah, I've heard that soooo many times.

That's just a cop-out....much as the same with their line "just wait on Jehovah.....He'll set the matter straight.". All that is is just a catch phrase they've been programmed to use over and over again when they want to dodge responsibility for not taking action on any issue that will pull them away from their bookselling operation.

Hugs all around.........

• acsot
    acsot

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((LeslieV and daughter))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

It's so sick that the WTS mouths off so much about their loving worldwide organization, and quote Jn. 13:35 to prove they're the true religion, love your enemies even, then proceed to reject their own families.

What a load of crap. My thoughts are with you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit