Take the Kingdom back to Mexico!

by John Aquila 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

If Donald Trump wins the Presidency, about 90% of the JWs in my area will have to go back to Mexico. The Watchtower will be having a fire sale on Kingdom Halls.

If Trump became President and he followed through on his policy of sending back undocumented immigrants, would that affect the JWs publisher numbers big time in the United States?

Image result for mexican jehovah witness picsImage result for mexican jehovah witness pics

• sir82
    sir82

Chances of Trump becoming POTUS are approximately the same as chances of Anthony Morris exhibiting humility.

In other words, not much to worry about.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    sir82

Chances of Trump becoming POTUS are approximately the same as chances of Anthony Morris exhibiting humility.

I'm not sure about that, his numbers are up regardless of all the crazy things he has said, he is number one on the Republican side in all the polls and still climbing. There is no other candidate that seems to interest the people. And we are living in a country that elected Regan, Bush, and almost Sarah Palin. And over one million people in the U.S. believe the Governing Body of the Watchtower is God's Channel. So who's to say what can happen? Would it really surprise us?

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

I get where you're coming from and you're probably trying to be funny, but that's a really unfair characterization.

I spent my entire life up to my mid 20s in Spanish congregations in Texas and the number of illegal immigrants was nowhere near 90%. Sure, there were many illegal immigrants, but let's not forget there's such a thing as legal immigration as well.

My parents, both of whom speak broken English, are likely viewed as illegal immigrants by a lot of people, but they're both U.S. citizens.

• username
    username
    Absolutely nothing to worry about. There is no way Trump will be president. There is a Bush and a Clinton in the race so its pretty much a done deal. I'm not even American and can see the bullshit for what it is lol!
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila

neverendingjourney

I spent my entire life up to my mid 20s in Spanish congregations in Texas and the number of illegal immigrants was nowhere near 90%.

Actually right now I’m about 2 miles from the border of Juarez Mexico. The city I’m in has a population close to a million by now. The U. S. Census tells us that Texas has about 38% Hispanic or Latino. But where I’m at, the percentage of Hispanic or Latino in 2013 was over 81%. The local news said a few weeks ago that it pretty close to 90% now

During the drug wars in Juarez a few years back I was attending the Spanish Congregation and I saw literally hundreds and hundreds of Spanish brothers and sisters cross the river and start attending the congregations in El Paso. Last I heard about 2 years ago there is over 90 congregations in Spanish and only about 15 -20 English. Most of the jw brothers cannot be MS or Elders because they are illegal. These Spanish brothers stayed here after the drug wars. They started landscaping, construction, pool cleaning and repair business. The Women started house cleaning businesses. Many of them do well and make lots of money but they are illegally in the country.

The WT has had the Spanish conventions here for the past few years. Sometimes they have 3 summer conventions in the area because these Spanish JWs cannot travel because they will get caught in the inspections points crossing the State. But since they have money to contribute and there is about 90 congregations in the City, there is no way that WT will not exploit that.

So just counting the Spanish congregations in my area, we are talking 70k to 100k Spanish Publishers. If they were forced to go back to Juarez Mexico, it would affect the whole JW population and Kingdom Halls in my area.

The Spanish JWs here are very concerned that Donald Trump might become President. Many of them have business making over 100k a year. Compared to $150 a month if they go back That does not include the Non-jws that are here in this city illegally.

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/48/48141.html

• sir82
    sir82

3 dislikes for stating that Trump will never be POTUS? Aw, come on!

No one is going to be POTUS, ever again, without winning a significant proportion of the Hispanic vote. Calling all Mexican immigrants "rapists and criminals" and stating they all "have to go" is not exactly an endearing campaign plank.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney
    But where I’m at, the percentage of Hispanic or Latino in 2013 was over 81%. The local news said a few weeks ago that it pretty close to 90% now

You do understand that a 90% Hispanic population is not the same thing as 90% illegal immigrant population, don't you?

You're equating Hispanics with illegal immigrants by saying that (a) your city has a 90% illegal immigrant population and (b) if Trump becomes president 90% of JWs in your area will have to leave the country.

Not every Mexican, even those who look like the folks in the pictures you posted, are in the country illegally.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Actually, I am in a spanish cong in South Texas and the only legal immigrants in that congregation, aside from my family, are the elders and their family. This makes about an 30% legal, 70% not so legal. Many have simply overstayed their visas and the only reason the number of legals is increasing in my cong is they are having children. It used to be more like 15% legal, 85% illegal. Not saying we are the norm, but it does happen.

It was easier to judge before the assembly hall was built. You just had to compare and find out who did not make to Corpus Christi or Houston for the assembly.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    neverendingjourney

You do understand that a 90% Hispanic population is not the same thing as 90% illegal immigrant population, don't you?

I never said 90% of the population is illegal. I put the U.S. census to help you see that in my City about 90% of the Population is Hispanic compared to 38% in the State of Texas.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit