Bill Parcells and the Cowboys

by heathen 14 Replies latest social physical

• heathen
    heathen

Even I was shocked to hear that Bill Parcells comes out of retirement to coach the cowblows .I think there is even a rumor that Troy Aikman will come out of retirement to QB . I don't know what do you think the cowboobs chances are next year? I am hoping for the best myself . If Parcells is given the respect he deserves and some say about the team ,who knows maybe even a super bowl. Any one with an opinion on this ?

• wednesday
    wednesday

My hubby likes Bill, and says if jerry will leave him alone, we might have a chance at winning a few games. he says that bill might be willing to put up with some stuff form jones due to being out of it for so long. Where can we go but Up? I support my local team-but they have sure been an emabarassment.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Parcells is only going to coach the Cowboys for 2-3 years. The success of his reign is going to depend entirely on his ability to evaluate talent and the ability to bring in good players. Once there here, there's no question he will be able to coach them. Like Antonio Bryant, Parcells will be able to make him into another Michael Irvin. The most obvious unknown is whether or not Jones will be able to keep from meddling. We'll see, but I think he will this season. Once he starts to see a turnaround, then he might start sticking his grubby litle fingers into the whole thing again.

Aikman won't return. The favourite for veteran QB right now is Jake Plummer. Brian Griese is a possibility if Denver releases him in February; if it's June, then forget it. No determination has been made yet about Emmitt Smith. A lot of that is going to depend on Smith's attitude and willingness to work for a drastically reduced salary. Even then, Parcells may just want to move on.

He has no intention of keeping any of the offensive coaches, even though Jerry is pushing him hard to keep Wade Wilson as QB coach. He probably won't keep Joe Avezzano as special teams coach either, but that's not final yet.

As for the draft, look for Parcells to trade the pick unless there is an impact player available at the No. 5 pick. He is wanting a pass rushing defensive end or a shut down cornerback. I doubt there is a running back that will be worth it picking at No. 5.

• Jesika
    Jesika

I was driving down 635 going east from Carrollton and just about at the Preston exit I saw a billboard that said----------- Dear Jerry,

Thanks for Bill.

------A cowboy fan.

Now that is one expensive thank you note!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait till next yr to see improvement-------hell it couldn't be any worse than this yr.

• Buster
    Buster

I remember when he was coaching the Patriots. That man has one specialty: he can make players forget their losing ways, he gets their attention. I'll tell you why players play so hard for him: they don't want to walk to the sidelines and face Bill Parcells after a mistake.

On a Parcells team, do you know what an injured player does from the moment he is cleared to get out of bed? He rides an exercise bike until he is cleared to return to the field. Yup, sprain an ankle and you just bought yourself three days of exercise biking, with a coach watching the whole time. Break a leg, and you got four to six weeks pushing with your good leg. They can't wait to get back on the field.

I would say he is the best coach around for a team with a recent pattern of losing.

• ITguy
    ITguy

First year might be rough. Traditionally the first year under Parcells is a losing one, simply because he spends all the time teaching and cleaning out dead wood. Expect that to be the case in Dallas. The good news is, every team he's coached (Giants, Patriots, Jets) all made it to the playoffs in the second year that he coached them.

But keep one thing in mind, he has a losing record when coaching without Bill Belichick at his side. He's never won a Super Bowl without Belichick, but little Bill has won one without Parcells. (Patriots, 2001)

But one thing is sure, Parcells is light years ahead of Dave Campo. Heck, my dog could outcoach Campo, who was simply a Jerry Jones puppet.

• undercover
    undercover
    He has no intention of keeping any of the offensive coaches, even though Jerry is pushing him hard to keep Wade Wilson as QB coach. He probably won't keep Joe Avezzano as special teams coach either, but that's not final yet.

Why wouldn't he want to keep Avezzano as special teams coach? This year notwithstanding, Avezzano has been a good special teams coach. I'd want to keep him. His coaching the indoor team would have to end though. You can't do both of those jobs. Either you're the Cowboys special teams coach or your the Desparado's head coach. Decide which one you want to do.

• Valis
    Valis

I read this in last week's Observer and I totally agree! Bill needs to come in and start kicking people out and finding players that will produce. Will be interesting to see what he does w/the team anyway.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• dubla
    dubla

parcells is a coaching genius, and he could turn the bengals into a winning franchise. i dont care for the cowboys, but i have the utmost respect for parcells and his abilities.....he WILL win in dallas.

aa

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Even though Im an Eagles fan, I definitely think that he's going to make some good changes next year.....the CB's will probably go 10-6 next year, but a more realisticly, maybe 9-7.

ash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit