WT Payments.

by caspian 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

OldHippie,

: Link asks about the building of Kingdom Halls - yes, there are several funds aimed at helping the poorer nations and areas / congregations in constructing KHs. International workers are sent, donations of construction material are sent (for example one country in Northern Europe sent all the cement needed for the constuction of the branch office in a big African country), and money is donated. KHs and branch offices in the "new" Eastern European countries / Russia etc. have been constructed because of these aid programs.

So, you're basically saying the Watchtower society spends none of the government/aid money on anyone but themselves. They glady take money from worldly British taxpapers which is then funneled to themselves from the Satan-controlled worldly government they despise and pray will be destroyed and spend it on themselves and their own empire.

This is called "charitable works" in WatchtowerLand and of course, is all "Bibled-Based(tm)."

Did they ever spend a pound of that gift-money to feed a homeless person who was not one of their own as almost all other Christian faiths do? I don't think so.

Farkel

• blondie
    blondie

Farkel, the question is do they actually give any of that money to any "deserving" ones in the congregation. No, no, no. They make a big deal of sending supplies to JWs in a disaster far away, but in my 50 years in the WTS system, I have never seen the body of elders make a resolution to the congregation to give money to anyone but the CO or the DO. Individual JWs may help but it is not at the congregational level. The WTS directs elders to show these JWs how to use the governmental system to pay their way.

Blondie

• Gordy
    Gordy

This method of giving through the tax system is not new.

When I was a JW I did it about 10 years ago.

The local congregation did it also if you gave a certain amount per year the congregation could claim the tax back. My congregation used to get about 600 to 800 pounds at the end of the tax year back from the Inland revenue.

Edited by - Gordy on 11 January 2003 8:36:26

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Caspian Email it to Scully if it's ok with her and she'll post it, I don't have an account so no good emailing it to me

ok with you scully?

Blondie i know of an w sister on this very forum whose house was falling down around her ears, and the bank warned her if she didn't fix it the would call out the mortgage, she had no where to go, the elders in her cong knew about the situation, do you think they gave a damn?

No the bank took back the house, she was on the street with kids yet.

Very charitable org OH YEH!

Edited by - Gizmo on 11 January 2003 8:52:27

• Scully
    Scully

yes, it's fine with me.

my e-mail address is [email protected]

Love, Scully

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

How is this different from the scheme the UK WTS has had in place for at least the last 10 years?

JW giving has always been something done in secret and claiming tax back on contributions is difficult. This is because the pot of money at the Kingdom hall comes from a group of people not all of whom are income tax payers. To get around this the WTS agreed with the Inland Revenue that contributions could be made in numbered envelopes corresponding to a named person who was an income tax payer. The total contribution of the numbered envelopes was recorded each month and once a year the annual figure was filed with the Inland Revenue for a tax rebate. For Inland Revenue audit reasons the numbered envlope contributions could be linked back to a member of the congregation but only the congregation secretary kept the number/person list.

What is different today? Will tax be claimed back from every member of the congregation who signs the form? Does the form include an annual pledge? The annual pledge is a powerful way to get people to pay and can be used to remind persons who have slipped in their contributions.

When I was a JW, and lived in the UK I refused to pledge via the numbered method. I didn't want anyone knowing how much or rather how little I contributed.

Thirdson

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

James (2300),

I suggest paying $13.86, or less. See how long you can keep the letters coming for the ever decreasing amount you owe. It probably costs more than $13.87 to send the letter each month.

I rather like it that a bank (Hell's Cargo) I have an account with usually contains less than $30 and they send me a statement each month. With free checking, I use their convenient ATMs to deposit small checks and draw the same amount of cash back. I understand that the monthly statement costs the bank about $30.

Seven years ago this bank refused me a credit card citing my lack of credit history despite my having $50,000 on hand. Another small bank was happy to provide credit card and a small auto-loan in exchange for investing with them. Guess who still keeps my money.

Thirdson

• caspian
    caspian

Thanks for all of your replies,

I am getting very bitter with strike9, it won't upload for me, keeps saying try later.

I will attach it by email to scully,

Thirdson

You are right that there has been a form of charity giving over in the Uk for the last ten years,

however the goverment have made it a lot easier now, less paperwork.

Also the Society are pushing this very heavily almost forcing the bros in to this system espicially the standing order system, which by the way is into the societys bank account, not the local cong

Before you had to pledge, an amount at least over 200 per year,if you only donated say.......199 it wouldn't work now it is any amount, and it also can be taken by standing order from your account or straight from your salary before you get it.

CASPIAN

P.S WHY DOESN'T MY POUND SIGN WORK?

Edited by - caspian on 12 January 2003 4:5:54

• justhuman
    justhuman

The WT keeps on building it's Empire upon the money of their followers, and they are going to get bigger and bigger because they have millions of slaves donating money to them.

No one knows what does the WT with all this money. They even have investments in the war technoglogy, and agreements with the US Navy.

The best way to keep their victims it is the fear of Armageddon, and with this fear they have managed to build their DIRTY ORGANIZATION

• caspian
    caspian

Scully I have sent you the scan

Cas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit