WT Payments.

by caspian 31 Replies latest jw friends

• caspian
    caspian

Just recieved a new letter from the society.

It is another begging letter for contributions, in it they explain the british tax relief given to them as a charity

For every 1 pound donated the goverment will give them an extra 28p if it is donated under the Gift Aid arrangement.

To maximise this tax break, All body of elders have ben instructed to hold a local needs in Jan Feb 2003, and in it to hand out a standing order form to every taxpayer in the cong and to strongly encourage all to sign there and then (almost holding the brothers to ransom)

This follows the concluding talks by the CO's telling us that it is our duty to use gift aid.

They are hoping to receive upwards of 1million each year in payment from the Goverment.

Caspian

p.s I Have asked this before What is the easiest way to upload Wt letters on to this site?, without emailing it to some one else first.

Edited by - caspian on 9 January 2003 8:33:59

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Caspian:

Thanks for the info. I'm not surprised that the WT is pushing Gift Aid in the UK. It's a potential cash cow of great fatness.

I'd very much like to see a copy of that letter. You can display it on the site by getting an account at a site such as www.strike9.com then uploading a scan to that site and linking from here.

Or you can email me a scan and I would be glad to put it up for you. [email protected]

Expatbrit

• Scully
    Scully

I wonder how much of this "Gift Aid" that the WTS receives from the British government will go to helping widows and orphans....

Love, Scully

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

This sounds as if the politicos in the UK are busy buying votes with taxpayer money. Wonder if they are aware that Dubs don't vote.

• link
    link

Caspian,

Following the C.Os talk last week, my wife tells me that the Society is in urgent need of money to build Kingdom Halls in third world countries.

I have never heard the Society claim to build Kingdom Halls for anyone and I understood that the materials were always financed by the congregation who also supplied the labour f.o.c.

Can you confirm for me if the Society has any financial input in the building of Kingdom Halls. This might include people sent to different countries to supervise building operations (if this happens).

I do know that the Society finances missionaries and full time preachers (pioneers) from its resources and also run their monasteries (homes). Apart from this can you say what else the profits from their publishing operations is spent on.

Thank you

link

• badboy
    badboy

Should they B using gift aid when Babylon the Great(4 example my local parish church)uses gift aid 2 get money,there is no difference between jws and churches,in other words.

• Scully
    Scully

I bet the lovely folks at Panorama would love to see a copy of that letter too.

Love, Scully

• James2300
    James2300

I left Bethel a year ago and I still get a letter every month asking me to pay $13.87 for phone calls and food I bought during my last week at Bethel. Lol

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

I'm absolutely stunned when I read this.

By all means .... like Scully said, anyone who knows the original Panorama producers should get a hold of them and send them a copy of this actual letter.

I will send it along to a few people, once, it is posted on the board.

hawk

• Realist
    Realist
    For every 1 pound donated the goverment will give them an extra 28p if it is donated under the Gift Aid arrangement.

what kind of law ist that??? thats crazy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit