Guardians of Doctrine.

by Pubsinger 21 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    In 45 years of association, I've never heard that the gb were the guardian of the doctrines. I did a double take when I heard Jackson say that.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Isn't the bible supposed to be the "guardian of doctrine"? Not a group of men?
  • Dumplin
    Dumplin

I was thinking about what 'Guardians of Doctrine' might mean. We know that anyone who disagrees with current WT teachings/understandings is labeled apostate and swiftly dealt with accordingly...so maybe that's what guarding their doctrine means...they'll d/f anybody brave enough to challenge them... I'm not sure.

But if that is so, then all the more reason for Oubliette to post the infamous "Let's review: It's a cult!" comment. lol

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    Just google guardian of doctrine and all hits on the first page refer to the Catholic Church.
  • millie210
    millie210

That is a great find OrphanCrow!

You find the most amazing things!!!

Another little point about saying they are "guardians of the doctrine"...

was that to side step the point Angus Stewart was trying to establish that they are the creators of the doctrine?

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    I wonder when they will start calling themselves "guardian angels". It's coming folks.
  • steve2
    steve2

I admire Jackson's restraint.

I would not have flinched had he said the members of the GB were "Guardians of the Truth" - but of Doctrine? Huh?!

That 'mission' statement does sound very much like it was lifted straight out of some introductory course on Roman Catholicism or out of the da Vinci Code. Only someone drunk on his own pomposity could utter the phrase and not hide in embarrassment.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Guardians Of Doctrine (G.O.D.)

With respect to John 1:1.

GJ does not state that they are "a" Guardian of Doctrine (G.O.D.), but that they are THE Guardians of Doctrine (G.O.D.)

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Reminds me of those lame-ass Bibleman direct-to-video movies...

• smiddy
    smiddy

As I have often said Jehovah`s Witnesses speak out of both sides of their mouth ,and sometimes out of their ass too .

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit