Being stalked?

by Ghosthunter 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Ghosthunter
    Ghosthunter

Couple of months ago, a couple of the "sisters" drove up in my driveway and as soon as they got out of the car, I knew exactly who they were. After calming down my two rowdy dogs, I kindly, but firmly, explained to these ladies that I had been DF'd for almost 20 years and had no interest in talking to them. They both smiled, invited me to the local KH and left very quickly. The next week, a different car drove up in my driveway and two older men got out and I knew immediately that they were elders. Seeing them struck fear in my heart (!!) and I asked my husband (who's never been a JW) to please turn them away. He was not as nice as I was to the sisters, and told them to leave. A couple of weeks later, a DIFFERENT set of elders showed up and this time my husband was PISSED! He said he had to threaten to physically throw them off our property before they would leave. However, before they left, they said they were "referred" to me and used my first name. After they left, my husband told me this and it literally freaked me out. I never, EVER told the first set of sisters my name. And, I have never EVER been a JW in the area I am currently living (Western Michigan). It almost seemed to me as if the second time they were trying to catch me at home without my husband as I'm sure the elders made notes the first time.

The first thought I had was my mother, who is still "in". The next time she called (of course prefacing her phone conversation with "I just called to see how the boys were."), I asked her point-blank if she had sent the elders over to my house. She was quite adamant that she had not and I believe her as she has never been a liar. I then asked her if perhaps my uncle (who is an elder) would have sent them and she said she would ask, but didn't think he had my address and he lives in yet another state. The subject has never been brought up again between us.

Am I being stalked? Are the JW's going to come and try to capture me??? <just kidding on that one> So, now I'm wondering exactly WHERE the local JW's got my name? Did they look up the deed to my house? Has anyone had this happen to them?

I'm new here, but have been lurking around for about a year.

Peace out!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Why would they be interested in someone who's DF? It certainly doesn't fit the pattern of following up "inactive ones"... Don't let them get to you - fear is their weapon!

• Jourles
    Jourles

Hi Ghosthunter and welcome! It sounds like your name was passed along to the local elders for the reprogramming work currently underway.

We have quite a few ex-jw's on this board that live throughout MI. I believe I am the only one still "in" and attending in our District. I live in Lansing and most of the other posters on the board are in the greater Detroit area. You can always reach me through my email if you'd like.

• Mary
    Mary

Hon, it's easy as 123 getting your name. They could easily have gotten it from the internet's white pages that lets you look up someone's name from their street address. Check it out:

http://www.whitepages.com/address-lookup

• Shakita
    Shakita

Hi Ghosthunter:

It's crazy to come after you since you have been DF'd for 20 years! This is really weird. They must really be hard up for new recruits to come after you!

I would just tell them... if they come back again, I will call the cops. That usually does the trick.

If I didn't welcome you before,

WELCOME

Mrs. Shakita

• Jesika
    Jesika

I guess since your hubby turned the first group of elders they were trying to hear it from you that you didnt want to speak with them. As far as them having your name, I don't know.

Welcome to the board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jes

• onthego
    onthego

A possibility is that in prayers which you say outloud you are still using the name Jehovah and as the "angels" (i.e. pro-Watchtower-alias-"God's kingdom" humans via electronics) surf they are hearing it and referring them to call on you. The elders are being told by Circuit Overseers that they are "deep into the time of the end" when "all secrets are revealed and laid bare." The impending war and the sex pedophilia scandals from the top Watchtower heads in Brooklyn make them think such is true more than ever.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Welcome Ghosthunter,

Hmmmm. . . .I'm disfellowshipped and no one ever tries to find me. . . Thank you god! You are very good to meeeee!

I figure that with all the jw rules, they probably have a rule that goes something like this:

"Elders should contact all disfellowshipped ones in each territory to see if they have 'repented' of their disfellowshipping offense. Sisters who call don't count, they are merely the lowly sisterhood. Rule states: Should be an elder! Then the elders' hands are free of bloodguilt."

Yup, that's it!

ESTEE

• Ghosthunter
    Ghosthunter

You guys are tripping me out!!!!

My mom did tell me during our conversation that the elders DO occasionally call on the disfellowshipped ones, but not after 20 FREAKING YEARS! I guess I should have just told the first set of sisters that I was a ghost hunter and then yelled at my two dogs, Satan and Beelzebub, to calm down. I wonder how fast THAT would have sent them running down my driveway!!! LOL!!!!!!

Regarding the white pages, we are in the phone book, but only under my husband's first initial.

Just kidding about the dog names........

• freedom96
    freedom96

Welcome to the board!

Being out for 20 years and then they come calling is a bit strange. But many df'd people do believe that the WTS is the truth, and though they may have been df'd awhile ago, some may be persuaded to come back.

I think it is probably easier to bring back ones from being df'd than going out and getting new recruits.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit